There are newer employer reviews for Sally Beauty

They treat employees awful,and threaten your job daily.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sally Beauty full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Free products and making friends along the way.

Cons

Bad pay. Nasty,rude and just plain mean customers. District managers and territory managers treat employees like cattle...get 'em it, get 'em out. Unrealistic goals. They give you "points" for selling items of the month and other certain products but then tax you on the items you redeem your points for and if you get a Sally gift card you get taxed TWICE. The hours are long and the pay is at the very minimum. They complain if your shrink is high yet they won't prosicute shoplifters. They set people up for failure. They have return policies in place but will take every and anything back. Customer service never backs up their employees. You get in trouble for everything. Nothing you do is good enough. I have been here a long time in various positions and I get threats on a weekly basis that I am replaceable. Sally is open every holiday accept Thankgiving,Xmas and Easter. I am sorry but is a nail file or weave enough of a reason to be open on holidays instead of letting us be with family? The home office is closed holidays and the DM's and TM's certainly are no where to be found. They are also extremly wasteful. If someone returns a product or flat iron that been used once it is damaged out and thrown away. Thousands of dollars of electricals and products a month,instead of re-selling at a discount or donated.

Advice to Management

Treat your honest,hard working employees with gratitude and respect. Thank us once and awhile.

reviews filtered by

Painful to work for Sally

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Sally Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incentives for free products, good co workers

Cons

Management, DMs....they are a bunch of bullies

Advice to Management

Be grateful for good employees

Not bad, store managers are treated like they were hourly employees. The district manager second guessed every decision

Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sally Beauty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean, nice monthly freebies, good training.

Cons

Upper managment exrcising such detailed control a store manager could not hire, fire, set hours or do anything them selves.Poor pay scale, and sstore managers were told in a meeting we Belonged to Sallys, never expect any holidays or any time off.

Advice to Management

Allow store managers some descretion . Do not allow a slave mentality to corrupt morale.