Sally Beauty

www.sallybeautyholdings.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sally Beauty

It can be a GREAT place to work, under the right management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Thomaston, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Thomaston, GA

I worked at Sally Beauty part-time (less than a year)

Pros

*Easy Job
*Nice Environment
*Very Organized
*Simple Training

Cons

*Needs to keep better check of management

I worked at a Sally's for about 4 months. I really liked the job, however, the manager was new and young. Instead of coming to employees when she had a problem all she would do was gossip to her employees about other employees, and it got to be really frustrating. I wanted to confront her so badly but my husband and other close family advised me not to do that. And to just do my job the best I can and come home. Unfortunately I didn't leave the job in the right way, i just quit because my husband started a new job, and we had a hard time finding a reliable sitter, so i had to be with my kids. But a few days before i decided to quit i had a last minute issue with my sitter, and wasn't able to come in and work my shift, which was only 4 hours that day..my manager "acted" understanding. Only i found out the very next day from a co-worker that she bad mouthed me the whole time saying "I could have gotten someone to watch my kids" and "my job should be my first priority"..anyhow after that day I had to call out because my CHILD had the flu..Keep in mind I NEVER called out before all of this. My manager seemed ok with it. Well i ended up catching the flu too so i was sick as well. And i never went back. It was just too much for me. I did however apologize to the manager for having to leave so abruptly...she again seemed understanding..then I found out from another co-worker that after I told her I wasn't going to be able to work anymore, she told the other co-workers that "she had already decided to hire someone else and cut my hours".... Anyhow I wish i would have left a 2 weeks notice instead but there're really isn't anything i can do about that. I would just like to say there should be a better way to complain about management because i had a horrible experience. The manager is very immature. As a manager you should always talk to an employee face to face not behind their back to other workers because that will start serious conflict and trouble. . . ALSO when i was hired on, the manager who hired me left, leaving the new manager behind...who in my opinion is no where near qualified to manage a store. I heard so many good things about the previous manager, and had she still been the manager I'm sure my experience would have been 5 stars. So it's not SALLY BEAUTY that made this review negative, it was the particular management experience at the location that I worked.

254 Other Employee Reviews for Sally Beauty (View Most Recent)

Grossly Mislead, treated like cattle, would never recommend anyone to work here.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Delray Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at Sally Beauty full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discount, that is about all I can say.

Cons

As a store manager you end up working 60 hrs which puts you below minimum wage. When you are being interviewed you are grossly mislead with promises that seem too good to be true. You are treated like cattle. You are only given 90 hours to split between your employees so you are left working alone for 7 hrs until someone finally gets there.

You need to really take a look into what is happening in your stores and not just taking your district managers word for it and think everything is hunky dory. Of course they are going to make it look and sound great to corporate to make sure they get their bonus. I'd work 58-63 hours every week and then get told that's what was expected of me. The DMs treat their store employees like garbage, and then if you go over them and tell the TM you had better hide. Terrible terrible experience working here! I made every quota, every goal and brought a sinking store I walked into up to the top and was always treated like garbage.

Job from HELL

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hutchinson, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hutchinson, MN

I worked at Sally Beauty part-time (less than a year)

Pros

No good reasons to work there

Cons

Everything. Hours were awful, no holiday pay, awful work environment

Treat your employees like human beings.

There are newer employer reviews for Sally Beauty