Sally Beauty

www.sallybeautyholdings.com

Not always what it seems

Current Employee - Auditor  in  Denton, TX
Current Employee - Auditor in Denton, TX

Pros

Discounts on beauty products
Get to test products
People are friendly
Get to travel to places I've never been

Cons

Salary is not competitive to the rest of the industry
Company is cheap when it comes to traveling
Cannot advance within my department without a certification, so obviously experience doesn't matter.

Consider all qualifications when making the decision to promote employees (I.e. Experience, education, work performance, etc.)

Other reviews for Sally Beauty

Hairapist/Sales Associate

Current Employee - "Hairapist"/Sales Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - "Hairapist"/Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

Thorough training on hair care, products, and color which is useful for those without cosmetology license. Free products and great employee rewards.

Cons

You can't call out without it being an issue, requesting time off is a hassle, low pay even with cosmetology license, sales are confusing to most customers which causes them to make scenes.

Be more open minded, you are trying to appeal to those who work in the beauty industry so you should support the appearance of all. Especially with hair.

Great coworkers, disorganized company

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I really felt like I was helping out my customers, the prices were fair, the products were pretty solid, and the company has a great focus on deals. They really value their professional customers, including beauty school students, but even the non professionals really do get a great deal with the Beauty Club Card (discount card, not a credit card). Monthly free full size products are given to employees to enable them to pitch sales more accurately, from experience. felt like I could stand behind what I did. There are tons of opportunities to move up in the company.
    It's a great job while in Beauty School, or if you are willing to climb to management in a huge way, it is a gigantic commitment. As a temporary position, it was worth while and enjoyable, and a great retail experience, just unreasonably stressful and tiring.

Cons

The disconnect between the corporation and the stores was huge, and that led to very unreasonable expectations. Store associates and Store Managers were on the same page usually, but even the district manager was no where near savvy on how to run a store from the inside. This lead to lots of issues. The pay is no where near worth what you are asked to do, even after raises. Manager turn over is high due to huge work load with very little incentive, same for the assistant manager positions. They are exceptionally wasteful, both in shipping and their product disposal.

Learn more about the job you are asking of your in store employees. Increase pay, it will lead to better retention. Screen employees more before higher.

There are newer employer reviews for Sally Beauty.

Worked for Sally Beauty? Contribute to the Community!