Its been good.

Current Employee - Shipping in McCalla, AL
Current Employee - Shipping in McCalla, AL

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is steady .

Cons

Salon Centric pays ok but I am looking for something I can grow with

Advice to Management

Presently management is changing operations so it look kind of vague

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Complete waste of time

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at SalonCentric part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros of working there was the schedule. I could get off early and pick up my son from school and it worked out pretty great. The Store opened up at eight but I got there at seven thirty and I got off at three p.m. It was great. And the co-workers were great and the discount was nice also

Cons

The store manager was a complete idiot and only became a store manager because she worked there for four years and the other girl quit when she got another job and left the company. The girl was pregnant and was just completely unprofessional and just a complete loser. She needed to stop being so pretentious and started acting like a manager more. I stopped working there when I was in school and they wanted me to pick up more hours.

Advice to Management

Managers, stop focusing on your personal life and more on your professional life and stop jerking people around.

Frusturating...

Current Employee - Demand Planning Analyst in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Demand Planning Analyst in Largo, FL

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time

Pros

Entry level opportunity to do multi-million dollar buying for large distributor and retailer which is good resume builder

Cons

Terrible morale with tons of turnover. Policies seem to change weekly, you spend most of your time fixing and redoing things you did exactly like you were told the day before. Management takes no time or interest in understanding the challenges we face. You are constantly being questioned or told you're buying wrong, but never told what's right. People in better paying roles to support buying do as little as possible, but are favorites of management and not held accountable at all. You work hard but there are zero opportunities to move up, and the people that work hard just have more put on them while others coast by. The only promotions are for management which no one understands based on how terrible our department runs, meanwhile we get raises less than 1%.

Advice to Management

New upper management is a step in the right direction, I hope things are actually followed through with. Take time to actually find out what's going on in department and hold others accountable that are your favorites.