Salt Lake Behavioral Health
www.saltlakebehavioralhealth.com Salt Lake City, UT 50 to 149 Employees

Supportive coworkers, Corporate & Senior management are as unhealthy as they come

Program Therapist (Current Employee)
Murray, UT

ProsExcellent treatment programs on all units. Coworkers are great: supportive, caring. Teams are really cohesive and work well together. Management willing to make team changes if there's a poor fit. Direct (middle) management is great. Hospital is growing, so lots of opportunity. Lots of promoting from within. Great salary. Health insurance is not great, but other bennies seem standard. Good food. Patients get better & there is support for aftercare with outpatient programs.

ConsCorporate/upper management is as sick as I've ever seen. Middle managers are constantly (I'm not exaggerating, seriously, multiple times a day) yelled at , berated and threatened. Very little praise is ever given from upper management on successes. The corporation appears to run on a "beat them into submission" policy. Middle managers are INCREDIBLE at keeping this negativity from line staff. The place bleeds doctors/prescribers- can barely keep them b/c of the problems in upper management. This makes it difficult to give consistent care. Staffing ratios are inconsistently followed; it takes a lot of noise from line staff to get units staffed in accordance with the facility's own staffing grids. We grow, but don't staff for growth, then our managers get in trouble when things fall through the cracks. Additionally, the corporate pressure to admit clients leads to "soft" admissions of clients who really don't need this level of care. Then it's a huge fight to get them out & into community care b/c the money lost when a patient leaves. That's messed up.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery thing I said above. We have monthly staff meetings with our CEO, which are nice, but employees know that he will, literally, tell us one thing, then say another in meetings with management. I had a lot of hope when he came on, but the environment for mid-level management has stayed so toxic I no longer believe what he says. I TRULY LOVE my job- the work I do with patients & the support I get from my coworkers & direct manager make me happy at work. Despite this I'm looking for new work because I can't continue to ethically support a company that is truly cruel to its mid-level managers. I really don't know how they survive...

Toxic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Salt Lake Behavioral Health

Pros: The pay is very good compared to other hospitals in the area. Utah… Cons: unorganized, inadequate staffing ratios, crazy NP that they wouldn't get… Advice to Senior Management: increase staffing ratios and training or you will continue to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Keep hoping UHS would make changes

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Salt Lake Behavioral Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay is good. Staff are great. Cons: Management especially New CNO wouldn't know what actual work is so even if you ask for help, she finds someone else to delegate everything to.… Advice to Senior Management: Please show staff that you are willing to support us, let us know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Salt Lake Behavioral Health.

Worked for Salt Lake Behavioral Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salt Lake Behavioral Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salt Lake Behavioral Health CEO Kreg Gillman. All reviews posted anonymously by Salt Lake Behavioral Health employees.