There are newer employer reviews for Salt Lake County, UT

Working for the County.

Current Employee - Environmental Compliance in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Environmental Compliance in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Salt Lake County, UT full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable employment with good benefits.

Cons

Hard to move up into management (my opinion). While working for the County I earned a Management degree. I've applied for several managerial jobs within the County--no success. However, there are exceptions to this. Workers with connections (family or friends in high places) seem to get fast-tracked into management jobs.

Allow employees, who have earned management-degrees, the opportunity of advancing into management.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Salt Lake County, UT (View Most Recent)

Great people and values, limited money and slow work.

Current Employee - Program Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Program Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Salt Lake County, UT as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

They invest in their employees -- you have access to fitness classes, professional development, and personal development. It's fairly relaxed, and employees are committed to their work. My supervisor is a mentor to me and helps me find ways to get involved with things I am interested in and to expand my knowledge and skills.

Cons

Low pay, slow moving processes

It was educational, but I felt that I was treated as though I couldn't be responsible without close supervision.

Former Employee - AmeriCorps Volunteer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - AmeriCorps Volunteer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Salt Lake County, UT

Pros

It provides a good jumping off point for working in the nonprofit sector (speaking specifically of my AmeriCorps work with them). I appreciated the ability to network with other AmeriCorps at monthly meetings. This provided me with new ideas and resources to take back to the organization I was working with in order to better serve its target population.

Cons

My experience with Salt Lake County was one of condescension toward employees, unprofessional emails, and overall distrust of the basic competency of AmeriCorps volunteers to complete the basic tasks needed to liaise between the organizations they were volunteering at and Salt Lake County, the organization that was actually paying them their stipend.
    Pay was low, but I believe that is the case with all AmeriCorps positions

Create a collaborative environment where AmeriCorps volunteers feel a part of the process. Trust that these individuals working at organizations throughout the community have important things to offer the county and actively listen to what they have to offer. Treat them as equals and, I believe that experience will be a much more positive one for both them and you.

There are newer employer reviews for Salt Lake County, UT