Salvation Army

Work here - You'll love it

Current Employee - Secretary in Wauwatosa, WI
Current Employee - Secretary in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Salvation Army

Pros

Everyone is so nice to work with. There's a real team effort in our office. Everyone is very friendly, very helpful and enjoy each other. Our hours are very flexible, they want to accommodate our needs.

Cons

I can't think of anything. There really is no downside to working for The Salvation Army that I can think of. They are very accommodating. My boss is the best. He's understanding, gives us the tools to do our jobs and trusts our judgment.

Discipline the corps officers that don't follow directions. I don't understand why some corps officers and some officers at DHQ are allowed to be stubborn and not follow the rules.

353 Other Employee Reviews for Salvation Army (View Most Recent)

We need better Senior Leadership in The Salvation Army.

I have been working at Salvation Army

Pros

There ability and resourses in helping people who are in need.

Cons

The long hours and the head administration don't do anything to show their appreciation. You can work 25 years in The Salvation Army and all you receive is a pin. People put in a lot of time and effort and there is really no appreciation for the work they do.

They need to show more appreciation for their officers and the work they do on the field. Those who finally made it in the management position seems to forget about the long hours those in the field put in and sometimes the abuse they have put up from day to day.

Join the Salvation Army!

Current Employee - Co-Commanding Officer in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Co-Commanding Officer in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Salvation Army

Pros

Because it is a calling and not just a job, it is the only one for me! I enjoy the variety and the type of people that you meet each day. I love working with children and seeing them advance in school and music (both which we provide tutoring for) and the appreciation of people who are in need and having that need supplied. On Sundays, we minister to those who have a spiritual need and long for fellowship. It is a great way to help others and at the same time grow and learn about yourself. If given the opportunity again, I would certainly do it again!

Cons

Work is hard and long and money doesn't come it regularly to meet the needs of programs.

Keep the lines of communication open and thank you!

There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army