Salvation Army
www.salvationarmyusa.org Alexandria, VA 5000+ Employees

Its ok but not a career

Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood place to work depending on what you are doing I guess. Tons of holidays off but its only 35 hour week which can be good or bad depending on how you view it. Getting off at 4:00 is nice. But some people prefere extra income by working the 40 hours but you dont get that here. Pretty good health benefits.

ConsOfficers move around so you could get a new boss every once in a while. It could be bad or good thing depending on your situation but its usually stressful because they come in not knowing their job or what to do. Can be very chaiotic and it effects the employees the most. Not a ton of training for employees or growth opportunities really. Not a place I want to work at forever but a decent place with pretty good people for the most part. It all just depends on what officer you work for. Some are great and some...not so great. Not a lot of unity as an orginization at whole, at least thats how it seems.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and you dont have to agree but consider what they say at least. Humility is really necessary if you want to keep employees.

Enjoyed my 6 years here, a good place to work

Media Department (Former Employee)
    West Nyack, NY

I worked at Salvation Army full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Excellent facilities in a convenient location - Cheap but excellent food served for lunch - I miss this the most - Felt I was given the… Cons: - slow to innovate, encouraged to maintain the status quo, feels like an uphill battle when you want to try something new - HR was slow… Advice to Senior Management: Open administrative leadership positions to more employees, move officers to field where they can pastor people rather than… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I was fully satisfied, and learned greatly!

Closer (Current Employee)
    Broken Arrow, OK

I have been working at Salvation Army part-time for less than a year

Pros: Run like a close family! Cons: Sometimes parents would be upset. Advice to Senior Management: Keep on keeping on putting smiles on people's faces! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Salvation Army.

Worked for Salvation Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salvation Army reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salvation Army CEO Rob Pace. All reviews posted anonymously by Salvation Army employees.