Salvation Army

www.salvationarmyusa.org
  www.salvationarmyusa.org
There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army

generosity of spirit and services is beyond compare

Former Employee - Kettle Coordinator in Lewes, DE
Former Employee - Kettle Coordinator in Lewes, DE

I worked at Salvation Army part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hearing and seeing the joy and appreciation you get for doing what you love...helping those in need. From veterans to little kids, the gratitude and excitement the SA brings at X-Mas is unparalleled.

Cons

Toe numbness during kettling, LOL!

each state should have its own pg, incl. DE and MD

351 Other Employee Reviews for Salvation Army (View Most Recent)

The Salvation Army needs to be consistent with their hiring practices & in which they treat their employees once hired.

Former Employee - Associate in Walled Lake, MI
    Former Employee - Associate in Walled Lake, MI

I worked at Salvation Army full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The store staff and employees were terrific to work with, but there store staff has no say in the decisions made by the Human Resources Division of the Eastern Michigan District.

Cons

I have a Michigan felony conviction from decades ago At the time I was hired in to The Salvation Army I made note of this on my job application; at my interview I made note of this as well; and, at my orientation, I again made note of it. Still later it came up, and I was again open and honest regarding my background. After seven and a half weeks, and giving the organization 110%, I was abruptly terminated in mid-shift. During my employment there was even discussion of my becoming a manager in training.

The Salvation Army’s motto is: “Doing the most good.” Shame on them for treating me or anyone else with anything less than the dignity and respect they deserve.

Do not terminate good employees. If the employee has told the truth, you've done the background check, then why discriminate against them weeks or months later? How would you feel if you were in the same position? I put my past behind me decares ago, aparently The Salvation Army is still making the same old mistakes. If they've done it to me, they've done it to others.

Pleasant and enjoyable and challenging

Former Employee - Administrator/Director in Mount Vernon, NY
    Former Employee - Administrator/Director in Mount Vernon, NY

I worked at Salvation Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Rewarding, blessings, well balance between business and spiritual aspects of the operation.

Cons

Seeing someone dowellthen falloff thewagon

There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army