Salvation Army

www.salvationarmyusa.org

The Salvation Army needs to be consistent with their hiring practices & in which they treat their employees once hired.

Associate (Former Employee) Walled Lake, MI

ProsThe store staff and employees were terrific to work with, but there store staff has no say in the decisions made by the Human Resources Division of the Eastern Michigan District.

ConsI have a Michigan felony conviction from decades ago At the time I was hired in to The Salvation Army I made note of this on my job application; at my interview I made note of this as well; and, at my orientation, I again made note of it. Still later it came up, and I was again open and honest regarding my background. After seven and a half weeks, and giving the organization 110%, I was abruptly terminated in mid-shift. During my employment there was even discussion of my becoming a manager in training.

The Salvation Army’s motto is: “Doing the most good.” Shame on them for treating me or anyone else with anything less than the dignity and respect they deserve.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not terminate good employees. If the employee has told the truth, you've done the background check, then why discriminate against them weeks or months later? How would you feel if you were in the same position? I put my past behind me decares ago, aparently The Salvation Army is still making the same old mistakes. If they've done it to me, they've done it to others.

Pleasant and enjoyable and challenging

Administrator/Director (Former Employee) Mount Vernon, NY

I worked at Salvation Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Rewarding, blessings, well balance between business and spiritual aspects of… Cons: Seeing someone dowellthen falloff thewagon Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

First hand knowlege or oganization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Salvation Army part-time for less than a year

Pros: I cant say anything good about the organization. Cons: Business run with free merchandise selling for the highest price. Clothing is unwashed but pressed flat fo re-sale. Men picked up at the… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management are self appointed majors. Shame on you, our… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Salvation Army.

Worked for Salvation Army? Contribute to the Community!