Salvation Army

www.salvationarmyusa.org
There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army

Counselor Assistant

I worked at Salvation Army

Pros

Clients, some staff, and free food

Cons

Pay Pay Pay Pay Pay

Better compensation will keep more employees and you wont have to pay as much OT

353 Other Employee Reviews for Salvation Army (View Most Recent)

in the field of substance abuse i'm doing field work as an intern as an alcohol/drug counsoler for certifacation

Current Employee - Alcohol/Drug Intern Counselor in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Alcohol/Drug Intern Counselor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Salvation Army as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

it gives me field work experience and the hrs.needed for certifacation as a california alcohol /drug counsoler

Cons

it's community based non-profit organization that services are for a certain population in the community which consist in low income an minorities community

non to give

Salvation Army-Case Aide Review

Former Employee - Case Aide-2nd Shift in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Case Aide-2nd Shift in Dallas, TX

I worked at Salvation Army full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros of working for this company is that at least you have a job; It's hard finding work in this tough economy.

Cons

The cons are that the job is extremely stressful; You will be surrounded by people who hate their jobs and are absolutely miserable; If you're a young person 20-35 you may be working with seniors who will look down on you because of your age. The payrate is very low usually between 8.50 and 9.00 an hour. This company does not provide overtime to employees. This company also mistreats and abuses their staff in a variety of ways; After being worked to the bone by this company, I felt mistreated, abused, and incredibly hurt emotionally because of management's mistreatment; I would never recommend anyone to work for this company;

Also, it's a great possibility that you may get sick or even hurt while working for this company especially if it's within one of their shelters. The homeless population carries a wide variety of contagious diseases. Tuberculosis, Flu, Scabies; Other diseases such as HIV and AIDS are also diseases that run high within shelter environments. The Salvation Army does not like it when someone gets sick or hurt at work because of worker's compensation claims.

I was injured at work after being assaulted by a homeless woman and the Salvation Army terminated me because I got hurt on the job; They treated me so terribly after being assaulted. Also, this organization betrays the public trust because they know no one will believe anything bad about them so they commit to doing terrible things against their own workers, the very people who help them serve;

I was so disappointed in The Salvation Army. They really make me feel like they have no regard for humanity in regards to how I've seen them treat not only their clients but their employees. It is truly a shame.

Listen to the clients when they complain that they're being mistreated. Don't betray the public trust just because you've been around for a long time. If you keep making a bad name for yourself, eventually donors will not want to donate to you because the point of making donations is to make their company look favorably;

There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army