Salvation Army
www.salvationarmyusa.org Alexandria, VA 5000+ Employees

Poor Leadership False Promises Deplorable Conditions

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

ProsPros? Well I suppose if you have no other choice or do drugs (I was never tested) then come on down.

ConsMisguided management, poor or no training. They'll hire you in with all these grand dreams and fill your head with their "mission". It's a bunch of baloney. Lied to everyday by Senior Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou question why your stores are doing poorly, you question why your Manager turnover rate is high...it's simple. Capital investment. Invest in your stores and your managers. Don't hire someone in at one wage and expect them to stick around for 40% less an hour and crappy shift work less than 40 hours. Don't tell them their managers when the only thing they manage is the Cash till. If you want cashiers then Hire Cashiers, if you want Managers then hire managers.

Awesome Company

Seasonal Bell Ringer (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Salvation Army part-time for less than a year

Pros: Its a great company to help out peoplein many ways… Cons: Must be able to stand forlong periodsof time Advice to Senior Management: provide logo umbrella's for standing in the rain or sun Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wonderful environment with supportive coworkers and passion for community.

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)
    Coeur d'Alene, ID

I have been working at Salvation Army part-time for less than a year

Pros: There are supportive supervisors and managers who are willing to answer any questions you… Cons: The cons as a part-time employee includes no benefits and no paid time off (PTO). Also,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Salvation Army.

Worked for Salvation Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salvation Army reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salvation Army CEO Rob Pace. All reviews posted anonymously by Salvation Army employees.