Salvation Army

www.salvationarmyusa.org

Poor Leadership False Promises Deplorable Conditions

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Pros? Well I suppose if you have no other choice or do drugs (I was never tested) then come on down.

Cons

Misguided management, poor or no training. They'll hire you in with all these grand dreams and fill your head with their "mission". It's a bunch of baloney. Lied to everyday by Senior Management.

You question why your stores are doing poorly, you question why your Manager turnover rate is high...it's simple. Capital investment. Invest in your stores and your managers. Don't hire someone in at one wage and expect them to stick around for 40% less an hour and crappy shift work less than 40 hours. Don't tell them their managers when the only thing they manage is the Cash till. If you want cashiers then Hire Cashiers, if you want Managers then hire managers.

Other reviews for Salvation Army

Wonderful environment with supportive coworkers and passion for community.

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Pros

There are supportive supervisors and managers who are willing to answer any questions you may have. Also, you get decent part-time experience in HR regarding payroll and personnel.

Cons

The cons as a part-time employee includes no benefits and no paid time off (PTO). Also, this position has no room for promotion and no chance of turning into a full time position.

Salvation Army has Major problems.

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

Pros

I was given a low stress opportunity to develop skills as a tutor.
    It was a good part-time position as high-school student.
    I was able to make my hours and location for tutoring sessions.

Cons

I was getting paid only a portion of what I would have been paid if the family hired me directly. The supervisor would take a cut, highly unethical.

There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army.

Worked for Salvation Army? Contribute to the Community!