There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army

There was always something to clean or do , so the shift time went by fast.

I worked at Salvation Army

Pros

I was always able to complete my work assignments complete, high quality, and on time. I often received complements from the residence about how shinny the floor turned out.

Cons

I worked third shift and this was not easy to get use to.

They should hire more employees to help with the crews work assignments.

303 Other Employee Reviews for Salvation Army (View Most Recent)

If you like working for thieves disguised as Christians, you'll love it here!

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salvation Army full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an employee, most of your time is spent supervising the free labor provided by the Rehabilitation patients. No brains required for long-term employment.

Cons

Most "civilian" jobs are minimum wage, No employee protection under state labor laws (it's a church, and non-profit), unhealthy and dangerous working conditions. The well-paid are the Clergy Members who operate the facilities, and help themselves to the valuable donations that come to the warehouse. Stealing is rampant and overlooked.

Take the clergy out of the picture, bring in professional management (as the richest charity in the world, you can afford it). Pay employees a livable wage.

Long, interesting ride, for over 13 years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

I worked at Salvation Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Steady Job. Plenty of tasks available.. you'll not be bored.
    Plenty of friendly church members and staff.
    And most important -- ability to help those in need!

Cons

Some of the management may play favoritism towards some over others. It really depends on the individual in charge. (You'll get one group of bosses who are absolutely fantastic, while another desperately needs improvement in the human skills department).

Sometimes a lack of communication between employers and employees. (which is natural in every aspect of human life, to be fair).

Keep your cool when an employee makes a mistake.

It would be most wise to take a break and collect your thoughts before reacting to certain situations, and possibly saying the wrong thing, during when you're upset about something an employee did (or could not do).

There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army

Worked for Salvation Army? Contribute to the Community!