Salvation Army

www.salvationarmyusa.org

Helping folks was great, the treatment from management was not.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Salvation Army helps a LOT of people (honestly, every day. It's awesome), and being part of that feels good.

Some co-workers were great people in general, and great to work with.

Insurance premiums lower than comparable plans of every other employer I've worked for, but read my note in the Cons section.

ConsThe pay is extremely low considering the responsibilities, some co-workers were bad people in general (and even worse to work with) but most of all, management was terrible!

During my time at the Salvation Army, the management:

- Considered hard work and creative problem solving a personal career threat, not a benefit.
- Delayed paperwork. My 90 day review was given after 7 months and so was the pay raise.
- Found excuses to write up every employee, so if the supervisor wanted to fire them later there was "a history".
- Ignored requests for maintenance, then blamed employees when neglected equipment mysteriously broke.
- Played favorites among employees. The "favorites-club" could do no wrong. They were never caught showing up late, leaving early, slacking off, or stealing merchandise. They were never randomly drug tested, chastised for ignoring dress code, etc.
-And many more!

About the insurance...Whatever your ailment, you will be denied and receive a hefty doctor bill. It will be on your shoulders to call the insurance people (who don't answer phones or return calls) and inform them you were, in fact, covered. You must tell the debt collectors you had insurance and are not responsible for whatever outrageous bill they demand you pay. You will feel cheated, disrespected, and have a many month long headache. Buyer Beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo find another company to ruin. The Salvation Army does a lot of good and doesn't need idiots polluting it's mission.

Salvation Army

Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Salvation Army full-time for more than a year

Pros: Their slogan is, "Doing the most good" Cons: Weird culture, low pay, bad management Advice to Senior Management: clean house No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Some good, some bad.

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Salvation Army full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: You work for an organization in the business of helping… Cons: Because it is a religious organization most of the people in charge are ordained ministers who do not have any professional experience in the position… Advice to Senior Management: Be more proactive in overseeing department heads and making sure rank and file are being treated fairly.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Salvation Army.

Worked for Salvation Army? Contribute to the Community!