Salvation Army

There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army

Disappointed

Current Employee - Shelter Director in Kingsport, TN
Current Employee - Shelter Director in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Salvation Army full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job satisfaction. paid-time off, excellent benefits, family oriented. Promote from within. Helping others to improve their lives.

Cons

inconsistent adherence to polices. long hours during holiday season. management changes often. often have to advise and "case manage" without training.

streamline operation policies to provide more consistency for employees. Provide additional training and development to allow employees who are in social services to better assist clients.

353 Other Employee Reviews for Salvation Army (View Most Recent)

Worked as a guitar teacher for two classes of mixed age elementary school students.

Former Employee - Guitar Teacher in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Guitar Teacher in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Salvation Army part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a great opportunity to work with kids. The work was meaningful, and it was rewarding and enjoyable to see the kids gain tangible skills and perform in their recital. Staff were very supportive and appreciative.

Cons

The biggest challenge is what most non-profits probably experience. Communication was often last minute and limited, there wasn't any preparation or resources for classroom setup or management.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Case Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Salvation Army full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Salvation Army gets the most highest respect, from me , I've worked for them for a total of 6 months, and when I witness the planned lay-out this company demonstrated for Homeless population, it touch my heart, and I was working with some tainted heart felt co-workers, still the Salvation Army Plan Assessment was very well organize and strategic for the many families residing at the Salvation Army Shelter.

Cons

My experience didn't come as a surprise to me, due to the field that I'd worked so hard to studied the underservices of many clients with different many axis of mental health conditions. The cons were that I couldn't stay aboard with the Salvation Army Corp.

Continue to keep your protocol alive , encourage the needy, help the helpless, and please consider at anytime if you ever need myself to be apart of your team again , don't hesitate to contact all numbers in HR-dept.

Many Thanks to the Salvation Army of Brooklyn NY