Sam Packs Five Star Ford

There are newer employer reviews for Sam Packs Five Star Ford

Terrible

Former Employee - Salesman in Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - Salesman in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Sam Packs Five Star Ford full-time (less than an year)

Pros

2500 guarantee for 3 months but they will pay you about $576/week before taxes

Cons

If you go to up someone it is ALWAYS for someone else; they want you to "chase" cars down like a dog, just to have the person press the gas pedal on you; they want you to call people on "lists" who have no intention of buying a car; you have but kissers who always snitch on you; long hours saturdays have NO customers pull on the lot; you will not make any money after your draw in 90 days because all cars/trucks are sold at a mini so you make $100-$150 per car; MICRO MANAGEMENT; you work with "weird and no life old men"

Do something else

6 Other Employee Reviews for Sam Packs Five Star Ford (View Most Recent)

Thinking about car sales? Think again.

I have been working at Sam Packs Five Star Ford

Pros

You get to be outside a lot. If you'd rather be away from your family. Like dealing with the public. Are a self-starter, quick learner, young and have low expenses.

Cons

Long hours. And car salesmen don't make a lot of money until a few years in, when they can start getting repeat business.

Fire your floor manager and look really hard at what's going on at the sales desk. There is a revolving door culture on the sales floor, and little respect or aid is given employees. Having been a manager before my stint in cars sales, I can tell you this is not leadership, it is pure reaction and an unprofessional environment.

Overall, A good place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Sam Packs Five Star Ford full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quality co-workers, stable ownership & management, fantastic Community involvement/support; Long-term employees in Sales, Management, Service, and more. The owner is pro-community involvement! This dealership advertises pro-actively and can be quite progressive in thinking.

Cons

Industry issues: Hours, lack of respect from the public;
    Employee issues: All of us need to be flexible. Our customers are changing, we need to be one step ahead.

Mandate technology options to set us apart from the competition. Give the workers a vision and support the practices to achieve. Stay open to new ideas. ***Reward your performers***

There are newer employer reviews for Sam Packs Five Star Ford