Sam Swope Auto Group
www.samswope.com Louisville, KY 500 to 999 Employees

Wife tells of terrible working conditions

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

Pros- You get a paycheck.
- You can provide for your family until you find a better job.
- You learn all the dirty little tricks of the automotive sales industry so the next time you purchase a vehicle you know what to look out for.

Cons- If you are Hispanic, discrimination and racism runs rampant throughout the entire organization directed solely at Latinos. It's not only tolerated, it is happening at the highest levels within the organization.
- They have a policy that if you do not have good credit and if you must go through their 'buy here, pay here' section known as the "Advantage Plan", they will not sell you a car if you do not speak English. This has been their policy for over 20 years according to management.
- You must sign an Arbitration Agreement

Advice to Senior Management(1) Take better care of your employees no matter what their national origin is. (2) NEVER underestimate the power of social media. (3) Read up on the definition of "hate crimes' and ensure you're not guilty or covering up for someone else who is guilty. (4) Have spouses sign arbitration agreements and non-disparagement / settlement agreements.

The best job I ever had!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sam Swope Auto Group

Pros: The flexibility of my management team. My manager was always fair with his employees and… Cons: The cons of the dealership are the cons of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Long, tedious, boring, unscrupulous, and unrewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sam Swope Auto Group

Pros: Decent training despite the official trainer, there are a lot… Cons: "Nobody walks away" mentality ensures that every customer can walk all over the sales associates and… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to relax a little bit, make it a comfortable environment… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sam Swope Auto Group.

Worked for Sam Swope Auto Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam Swope Auto Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sam Swope Auto Group CEO Dick Swope. All reviews posted anonymously by Sam Swope Auto Group employees.