There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

I love working in the photo lab.

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Fairlawn, OH
Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Fairlawn, OH

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I am given opportunities to grown and share my love of photography. I am valued by the Managers and our Members and get a lot of job satisfaction in addition to the occasional hug. I do not mind getting up and going to work and that makes my life happy.

Cons

There is not a lot of growth in the photo area which could be a deterrent if I were younger and wanted to advance. There are plenty of advancement opportunities at Sam's Club, but you would need to move out of the lab and I am happy where I am.

Some Managers are better at communicating and at understanding the areas they manage. My best advise is to know the challenges that the Associates under you face and to communicate with them on a regular basis. Even if it is to only acknowledge that the Associate is trying, it shows an interest in us and as workers, we want to be noticed, to be valued and to be given help and encouragement.

1099 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

Nothing like what I expected from the "evil corporation" of Walmart.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sam's club gives over $500 a min back to communities and charities, as well as donates to any charity an associate personally gives time or money to.

Cons

As a cashier, there's alot of pressure to sell upgrades and lines of credit to members daily. Weekly goals are unrealistic.

Give employee's breaks on eating from the cafe, Especially those working a full 8 hours or more.

I loved the customers as well as my coworkers and the atmosphere was overall very positive and enjoyable.

Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers and managers are all friendly and great to see and work with on a daily basis. The supervisors encourage you to do your very best and show what you can do to help yourself to do better. They praise you when you achieve things and show you how to maintain that to remain your best.

Cons

As a cashier, you are constantly lifting and carrying very heavy items and if you aren't prepared for that on a daily basis it can be a real bad strain on your body. I can still feel the pain in my arms! Lol Your arms, back and legs get a real workout.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club