There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

I love working in the photo lab.

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Fairlawn, OH
Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Fairlawn, OH

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am given opportunities to grown and share my love of photography. I am valued by the Managers and our Members and get a lot of job satisfaction in addition to the occasional hug. I do not mind getting up and going to work and that makes my life happy.

Cons

There is not a lot of growth in the photo area which could be a deterrent if I were younger and wanted to advance. There are plenty of advancement opportunities at Sam's Club, but you would need to move out of the lab and I am happy where I am.

Advice to Management

Some Managers are better at communicating and at understanding the areas they manage. My best advise is to know the challenges that the Associates under you face and to communicate with them on a regular basis. Even if it is to only acknowledge that the Associate is trying, it shows an interest in us and as workers, we want to be noticed, to be valued and to be given help and encouragement.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I loved the customers as well as my coworkers and the atmosphere was overall very positive and enjoyable.

Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers and managers are all friendly and great to see and work with on a daily basis. The supervisors encourage you to do your very best and show what you can do to help yourself to do better. They praise you when you achieve things and show you how to maintain that to remain your best.

Cons

As a cashier, you are constantly lifting and carrying very heavy items and if you aren't prepared for that on a daily basis it can be a real bad strain on your body. I can still feel the pain in my arms! Lol Your arms, back and legs get a real workout.

2. great experience working time

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oakwood Village, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oakwood Village, OH

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ok. good perks. interaction with people

Cons

pay, can do more with staff development and traing