There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

I love working in the photo lab.

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Fairlawn, OH
Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Fairlawn, OH

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am given opportunities to grown and share my love of photography. I am valued by the Managers and our Members and get a lot of job satisfaction in addition to the occasional hug. I do not mind getting up and going to work and that makes my life happy.

Cons

There is not a lot of growth in the photo area which could be a deterrent if I were younger and wanted to advance. There are plenty of advancement opportunities at Sam's Club, but you would need to move out of the lab and I am happy where I am.

Advice to Management

Some Managers are better at communicating and at understanding the areas they manage. My best advise is to know the challenges that the Associates under you face and to communicate with them on a regular basis. Even if it is to only acknowledge that the Associate is trying, it shows an interest in us and as workers, we want to be noticed, to be valued and to be given help and encouragement.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

1. I loved the customers as well as my coworkers and the atmosphere was overall very positive and enjoyable.

Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers and managers are all friendly and great to see and work with on a daily basis. The supervisors encourage you to do your very best and show what you can do to help yourself to do better. They praise you when you achieve things and show you how to maintain that to remain your best.

Cons

As a cashier, you are constantly lifting and carrying very heavy items and if you aren't prepared for that on a daily basis it can be a real bad strain on your body. I can still feel the pain in my arms! Lol Your arms, back and legs get a real workout.

Build you up, to break you down, gotta love Slave's Club!

Current Employee - Fresh Associate in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Fresh Associate in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was nice until you top out and are not paid enough for what you do.

Cons

You will be spoken to like you are an idiot and have no clue what you are doing, you are expected to work ANYWHERE in the club regardless if you know what you are doing or not. Sam's Club does not value is employees at all and this new scheduling system they devised shows it. They cut all of their full timers to 32 hours a week (when the old company policy is that if you were classified as full time you would always get 40 hours) I know several full time associates who are struggling because of this now. What makes this new scheduling even worse is if you once worked 5am in the morning management decided that you are no longer needed at this time and they are going to schedule you in the afternoon for member service. I have a good suggestion for Sam's, why don't you see what your associates have to say about when the busiest times are for them and when they think they should be scheduled, it wont hurt to ask their opinion, trust me. Do not work here if you have a life cause once you start here you wont have one, this is just a job, not a career.

Advice to Management

Invest in sending your managers to management school, better yet, how to treat HUMAN BEINGS! Our district manager walks around like her crap don't stink and we should get on our hands and knees and kiss her feet. Sorry lady, I can see right through that phony smile o.k.? I think it might benefit management to actually work one of their employee's shifts and see what its like, might be an eye opening experience! Also, management needs to live up to one of its core values: RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL because honestly there is no respect whatsoever. If I were you guys, I would take that value off of your stupid company core beliefs.