Sam's Club

www.samsclub.com

Cashiers are pressured to lie and not care; DISGUSTED with store manager's attitude

Cashier (Former Employee) City of Industry, CA

ProsPretty good pay
Very flexible hours
Very friendly supervisors
Very friendly co-workers (for the most part)

ConsCrazy quotas for selling Plus Memberships (which are an absolute scam).
If you're okay with making a living misleading people and selling them worthless garbage, then you may not think of this as a negative point.

Store manager had absolutely NO integrity whatsoever; I was told (in these exact words) "Your job isn't to care about customers. Your job is to sell Plus Memberships."
It's very rare that I am so disgusted with another human being--I quit my job immediately after I saw that I could not make an honest living working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to demand outrageous quotas for something that customers pay up to $60 EXTRA for, then make sure it's actually worth something.

My advice to anyone thinking of applying as a cashier:
If you're going to sell Plus Memberships, do NOT read the fine print on the backside of the little pamphlets!! You will quickly discover how worthless it is, and therefore, be unable to do your job!
If you're okay with ripping people off as part of your job, then do yourself a favor and remain oblivious to what you're actually selling.

Pressure to maximize revenue while keeping costs low unbearable

Meat Team Leader (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Sam's Club full-time for more than a year

Pros: Large, stable company who does their homework and knows their… Cons: Management takes the approach of "The beatings will continue until morale improves". It's not without it's challenges, but the pressure is immense. There… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just a Number

General Manager (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are a lot of great people who work for the organization… Cons: The internet is filled with negative things to say about Wal-Mart / Sam's Club, unfortunately too many of them are true. The organization has lost… Advice to Senior Management: Actually take care of your people as if they matter to the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sam's Club.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!