There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Cashiers are pressured to lie and not care; DISGUSTED with store manager's attitude

Former Employee - Cashier in City of Industry, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good pay Very flexible hours Very friendly supervisors Very friendly co-workers (for the most part)

Cons

Crazy quotas for selling Plus Memberships (which are an absolute scam). If you're okay with making a living misleading people and selling them worthless garbage, then you may not think of this as a negative point. Store manager had absolutely NO integrity whatsoever; I was told (in these exact words) "Your job isn't to care about customers. Your job is to sell Plus Memberships." It's very rare that I am so disgusted with another human being--I quit my job immediately after I saw that I could not make an honest living working there.

Advice to Management

If you're going to demand outrageous quotas for something that customers pay up to $60 EXTRA for, then make sure it's actually worth something. My advice to anyone thinking of applying as a cashier: If you're going to sell Plus Memberships, do NOT read the fine print on the backside of the little pamphlets!! You will quickly discover how worthless it is, and therefore, be unable to do your job! If you're okay with ripping people off as part of your job, then do yourself a favor and remain oblivious to what you're actually selling.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

Favoritism!

Current Employee - Produce Worker in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Produce Worker in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good if you are married or involved with management.

Cons

optimized schedules,favoritism,lack of respect for the employee

Advice to Management

your employees are not idiots

2. Pressure to maximize revenue while keeping costs low unbearable

Former Employee - Meat Team Leader in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Meat Team Leader in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large, stable company who does their homework and knows their customer.

Cons

Management takes the approach of "The beatings will continue until morale improves". It's not without it's challenges, but the pressure is immense. There is massive turnover, but if you are competent and can handle the pressure the potential to rise is great. Formal education is not necessary if you prove yourself within the company.