There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Unprofessional work environment

Current Employee - Cashier in Katy, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Katy, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was competitive, flexible schedule

Cons

Sam's require cashiers to become salesman, which is totally insane. If a cashier doesn't sell 5 pluses and renewals per day, they will get fired, no matter how good of a cashier they are.

Hire separate marketing are salesmen to sell pluses and renewals.

reviews filtered by
  1. Was good in the start but bad in the end.

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in College Station, TX

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, sometimes good training, sams share at the end of the year, always have food in the break room. Can move to other spots in the floor if you know what the say.

The boss was a very good guy and he listened and the cashier manger was also a great guy who listened.

You can move to other places easily sometimes and most of the workers are very kind and awesome. I would only work here again if I knew that the mangers trained for better communication.

If you do choose to work here. Being a cashier is okay, you learn the resister very easily and become friends quickly with other cashier. Some customers will come to you over and over because they like you more and it is nice to have a friendly convo. But, the plus selling can get very stressful. Working the floor is fun and can be rewarding but with the wrong manger it can be stressful and depressing.

Cons

Mangers have no respect for others, they looked down on others who aren't in their department, They do not LISTEN. You can tell them over and over what is wrong and what needs to change or what needs to be helped with. It all goes in one ear and out the other. Only the cashier manger was great and listened but when I went onto the floor the floor manger was awful. She was very kind but I do not understand how she got her job. She does not do it right and blames people for others mistakes and always complains.

Being a cashier is easy on some level but the customers can be very rude and mean. Not to mention selling plus can get very stressful.

Working overnight is very hard. Daycrew expects way to much out of night crew and night crew is always low of staff and get yelled at for everything when they don't have control of it. The new manger for overnights had NO idea what he was doing.He would walk around for hours or put all his work on others because he did not want to do it.

They expect perfection and even when you do your best they complain. I had to take orders from day crew manger but couldn't do have of what she wanted because the night crew manger would make me do his work else where. Therefore, making the day crew manger mad at me and tell me that I do nothing. It is very upsetting when you do your best and all they do is make you feel like crap.

Even when our boss told them to shape up and what they need to work on the mangers would only change for a week and go back to treating us badly.

Get your mangers to do their job right! They need more training and they need to learn how to listen and act! The lack of communication is so bad there. Stop treating your workers like they are ants you can walk on and replace. The plus puts way to much stress on workers so please chill on it... I understand it is a big deal there but you lose so many good workers because of it.

2. Greet customers, Ask for membership card, Scan merchandise, stock up and stock down, Assist customers with assistant.

Former Employee - Cafe Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Cafe Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities, free membership card, nice hours, busy company specially during holidays, nice employees, very nice managers, fresh food, organization.

Cons

90 day probation period, abuse of authority, gossip, not enough hours in cafe area, to many woman in one spot.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club