There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

14 years

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Miami Beach, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Getting promoted is not to hard as long as you are smart and make good decisions. Pay is for a retail establishment. Assistant managers can make up to 60000, and some can get up to a 25% bonus.

Cons

The higher you move up, the more you feel threatened about your employment. As a ft or pt associate, you feel more secure.

More training for management. Trial by error is not the best way too learn. It's effective, but no body wants to learn that way.

1051 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

SAD

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Members and associates and manager that opened this club.

Cons

Depends on who the store manager is, if you will keep your job. I was the top in sales, custom er service, and employee of the month twice in three years. I did my job very well and anything asked of me. New manager came and in 10 months cleaned out all of us hired when store opened with the exception of 4 people.

Keep your personal feelings out of the workplace. What are you doing firing people who are exceptional in their job. All those full-time that previous store manager expressed to incoming manager as hard working, dependable, all around good people were fired. Walmart Corporate needs to pay attention to their "little people", how do they not notice so many full-time associates being fired by incoming manager and not speak to previous manager. Every single assistant manager has transferred also. Someone at corporate needs to WAKE UP! You HAD a great crew.

Don't work here!

Current Employee - Tire Technician  in  Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Tire Technician in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really the only plus to working as Sam's Club is the flexibility of hours and you get a free (Basic) membership and only a 10% discount on produce

Cons

They are cutting hours like crazy and handing over more responsibility. People are stretched to the maximum amount of responsibility because they won't schedule enough people, and then members are unsatisfied because there are long lines and nobody to help them.

Instead of lining your share holders' pockets, try caring about your associates and members.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!