Sam's Club
www.samsclub.com Bentonville, AR 150 to 499 Employees

My 12 years of experience with SAMs have been rewarding, but recent changes have me considering a career change

Accounting Associate (Current Employee)
Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe best reason to work for this company is that they hire from within. There really is no limit to how far you want to go, they'll support you all the way. If you have talent and you're passionate about your work, you can go from pushing carts at $8-$10/hr to being an assistant manager, making $44k a year, in as little as two years. I personally know a market manager that started with the company as a demo boy.

ConsOne of the major downsides to working at sams is that they seem to be losing touch with the hourly workforce. The company is constantly trying to cut costs so that we can offer the absolute best price to our members. In doing so, however, the morale of our associates, particularly those with more than a couple years of experience, is negatively affected. Last year, the company rolled out a computerized scheduling system that scheduled associates based on need as determined by a projected sales figure. The idea was sound but the reduced staffing continues to be the main source of undue stress for both the customer and associate. If you're planning on a career with the company, you should know the health insurance plans are expensive and unaffordable for an hourly associate that needs to see a doctor regularly or one who needs to cover the medical needs of their family. In the event of a major medical emergency, however, insurance will cover 100% of expenses once you meet your out-of-pocket maximum.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management would be to bring back the option for hourly associates to buy Walmart stock through the company matched 401k plan, make the current medical insurance plans a reason to stay with the company, continue to develop better managers, and to do a better job at keeping the talent from leaving.

Great Company, Wonderful Benefits, Fun Place to work and learn new things and meet people.

Member Services Representative (Current Employee)
Marietta, GA

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: My son was able to recieve a 13,000 scholarship for college because I work for Sam's Club. There are many benefits with working at Sam's… Cons: Not being able to have a set schedule, but that's… Advice to Senior Management: Always cherish those you have working with you, always be fair, and listen to what they have to say. Don't be afraid to admitt when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Cart Pusher

Cart Pusher (Former Employee)
Niagara, WI

I worked at Sam's Club part-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent Pay, good break, nice break room Cons: Not enough people to push carts Advice to Senior Management: People can only push so many carts so fast More

There are newer reviews on Sam's Club.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sam's Club CEO Rosalind G. Brewer. All reviews posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees.