There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Feels Like a Family

Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA
Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The club I worked at was nice for the most part. Everyone seemed to get along and was willing to help each other. The managers at our store were always willing to help.

Cons

Although the managers were willling to help they sometimes had to be asked numerous times for something to get done. Plus memberships and credit applications are the main focus. Sometimes our bosses pushed so hard it made people break. For example, if the cashiers met or exceeded a goal management would say "Good, but now do more". It made employees feel like even if they do their jobs well it wasn't' good enough.

Employees get discouraged and frustrated when all they hear is more pushing of Plus and credit. We understand the importance of it, but it's hard to want to do your job when you don't feel good enough. Also, I worked in a smaller club and we were constantly being compared to larger stores with a higher member count. I think percentages should be used to track a clubs progress.

reviews filtered by

Good Part Time job

Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Part time position, flexible hours but expect to work all or parer of a weekend.
    Good people for the most part, do the job, be polite and you will get noticed and moved to a better position.

Cons

Not everyone wants to work, some folks should be removed. Pay is not the best but there are far worse.

Stop the constant cost cutting, us the employees to maintain the club. Culture and values are not what is going on today.

Cart Pusher

Former Employee - Cart Pusher in Niagara, WI
    Former Employee - Cart Pusher in Niagara, WI

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, good break, nice break room

Cons

Not enough people to push carts

People can only push so many carts so fast

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club