Sam's Club

www.samsclub.com

Feels Like a Family

Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS  in  State College, PA
Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA

Pros

The club I worked at was nice for the most part. Everyone seemed to get along and was willing to help each other. The managers at our store were always willing to help.

Cons

Although the managers were willling to help they sometimes had to be asked numerous times for something to get done. Plus memberships and credit applications are the main focus. Sometimes our bosses pushed so hard it made people break. For example, if the cashiers met or exceeded a goal management would say "Good, but now do more". It made employees feel like even if they do their jobs well it wasn't' good enough.

Employees get discouraged and frustrated when all they hear is more pushing of Plus and credit. We understand the importance of it, but it's hard to want to do your job when you don't feel good enough. Also, I worked in a smaller club and we were constantly being compared to larger stores with a higher member count. I think percentages should be used to track a clubs progress.

Other reviews for Sam's Club

Easy to move up

Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS  in  Sioux City, IA
    Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in Sioux City, IA

Pros

easy to move up great people to work with

Cons

management is always pushing plus and credit

Tire Department overall club

Current Employee - Tire & Battery Tech  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Tire & Battery Tech in Orlando, FL

Pros

Pay is usually above the minimum wage starting which is really good. As long as you do your job you "should" be ok. Tire department is known as a safe zone for the most part since most managers don't bother too much with the tire department. Cashiers tend to be the ones that everyone is after since they are required to get members to upgrade their memberships.

Cons

There are times when management gets on your case over little issues in the tire department. If you are on the floor expect way more involvement with management. For full timers the job pays very well but if your part time there is a risk of random hour cuts resulting in 30 hrs one week and 15 hours another. Its also very hard to call out sick even when policy tells you to not come in if your ill.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!