Sam's Club
www.samsclub.com Bentonville, AR 150 to 499 Employees

Feels Like a Family

Checkout Supervisor, COS (Current Employee)
State College, PA

ProsThe club I worked at was nice for the most part. Everyone seemed to get along and was willing to help each other. The managers at our store were always willing to help.

ConsAlthough the managers were willling to help they sometimes had to be asked numerous times for something to get done. Plus memberships and credit applications are the main focus. Sometimes our bosses pushed so hard it made people break. For example, if the cashiers met or exceeded a goal management would say "Good, but now do more". It made employees feel like even if they do their jobs well it wasn't' good enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees get discouraged and frustrated when all they hear is more pushing of Plus and credit. We understand the importance of it, but it's hard to want to do your job when you don't feel good enough. Also, I worked in a smaller club and we were constantly being compared to larger stores with a higher member count. I think percentages should be used to track a clubs progress.

Hardest cashier job ever had

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for more than a year

Pros: Instead of joining a health club I would recommend working at Sam's.… Cons: Have to sell memberships, plus memberships, renewals and credit applications… Advice to Senior Management: Salary is not commensurate with what a cashier is expected… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I worked at Sams Club yeah......

Associate (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It was a paycheck while attending school, made a few good… Cons: Your working at Sams Club, management could be condescending, … Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in benefits No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sam's Club.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sam's Club CEO Rosalind G. Brewer. All reviews posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees.