There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Been in the Bakery for five years

Current Employee - Bakery Team Lead in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Bakery Team Lead in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get to pick up groceries and other items on the way home. Sometimes find bargains when they are closing out merchandise.

Cons

Poor salary, no advancement, terrible hours

It is what it is, I guess

1116 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

Ready to quit after one month.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers and other staff are really nice. The pay is okay. Talking to some of the members is actually fun. You get breaks for every 3-5 hours you work.

Cons

As a cashier, you are expected to sell sell sell plus memberships and credits. To the point where if you don't talk to EVERYONE who comes through your line about plus, you get written up and your job is on the line. After only three weeks of working here (with almost no formal training whatsoever), I was taken in to my manager's office and my job was threatened because I wasn't selling enough plusses. "You're backing down too easily. Not being aggressive enough." It was ridiculous. And then the next day, they had me wearing a hot, sweaty prison costume while I worked to promote plus memberships, and the only way to take it off was to sell one, under the premise of "having fun" with it. Not fun: humiliating, condescending and I'm not even sure it's legal.

There are a lot of different variety members who shop here. Be prepared to deal with some angry, unfriendly people. Lots of heavy lifting, but that's part of the job description. Make sure you're good at multitasking, because if you're not talking about plus and doing your job at the same time, you get in trouble (and be prepared for many people to be unresponsive and unfriendly when you talk to them about plus, but I don't blame them). Plus, the management only recognizes the cashiers who are good at selling memberships and credits. That's the only way to move up in the business.

If you are a nice person with morals that you can't put aside for work, find another job, because they're all brainwashed there. It's nothing but profits, profits, profits.

Care about your employees. The whole business is screwed up. Customer service doesn't even seem to matter at Sam's. And associates and employees matter too, not just management. Don't come around every ten seconds asking if we "got anything yet." Yes, I realize that you all need to impress your bosses too, but pressuring us and putting our jobs on the line as a way to get us to work harder does not work. Because of you, I dread going to work, and am now in the market for a new job.

New schedule

Current Employee - Team Leader in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing good at this time.

Cons

Telling us that they don't have hours for your department. But want you to push your team to work harder and smarter with out getting hurt and just get the work out on the floor. Sad that you know your department makes money but they don't care how much you make. You only get so many hours for that department. So you have to push your team so hard they are getting hurt and they tell you that's there job and they need to push them self.

Treat Teamleader with respect instand of doormats and robots. Quit push them to coach there team if they don't hurry up and fill the floor. What happen to respecting the invidual in stand of making money. That's all you worry about.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club