There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Tire Department overall club

Current Employee - Tire & Battery Tech  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Tire & Battery Tech in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is usually above the minimum wage starting which is really good. As long as you do your job you "should" be ok. Tire department is known as a safe zone for the most part since most managers don't bother too much with the tire department. Cashiers tend to be the ones that everyone is after since they are required to get members to upgrade their memberships.

Cons

There are times when management gets on your case over little issues in the tire department. If you are on the floor expect way more involvement with management. For full timers the job pays very well but if your part time there is a risk of random hour cuts resulting in 30 hrs one week and 15 hours another. Its also very hard to call out sick even when policy tells you to not come in if your ill.

1060 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

Feels Like a Family

Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS  in  State College, PA
    Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for more than a year

Pros

The club I worked at was nice for the most part. Everyone seemed to get along and was willing to help each other. The managers at our store were always willing to help.

Cons

Although the managers were willling to help they sometimes had to be asked numerous times for something to get done. Plus memberships and credit applications are the main focus. Sometimes our bosses pushed so hard it made people break. For example, if the cashiers met or exceeded a goal management would say "Good, but now do more". It made employees feel like even if they do their jobs well it wasn't' good enough.

Employees get discouraged and frustrated when all they hear is more pushing of Plus and credit. We understand the importance of it, but it's hard to want to do your job when you don't feel good enough. Also, I worked in a smaller club and we were constantly being compared to larger stores with a higher member count. I think percentages should be used to track a clubs progress.

Good Part Time job

Current Employee - Lot Attendant  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Part time position, flexible hours but expect to work all or parer of a weekend.
    Good people for the most part, do the job, be polite and you will get noticed and moved to a better position.

Cons

Not everyone wants to work, some folks should be removed. Pay is not the best but there are far worse.

Stop the constant cost cutting, us the employees to maintain the club. Culture and values are not what is going on today.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!