There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

It was okay... I can't wait to get out now.

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible with hours since I am in school.

Cons

Management will override policy on a regular basis. How can we stay consistent??

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

Going downhill fast...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers for the most part, they will work with you when it comes to your availability if you are a student. Management will reward you for your hard work. Convenience of free membership which I steadily use to buy groceries and such.

Cons

The clientele is really crappy, they try their hardest to cut costs by cutting people's hours, the health insurance plans are an absolute joke, not providing part timers with dental insurance and with sky high deductibles. They push the Plus memberships hard and threaten the jobs of people who don't get them. Management at my store are absolutely lazy and spend their time trying to police departments other than their own.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your associates, stop treating them like slaves and like they're useless and you'll see a higher morale.

2. 3 words.

Current Employee - Grocery Associate
    Current Employee - Grocery Associate

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice co-workers. easy job, nothing complicated.

Cons

underpaid, understaffed, overworked. they have more people handing out food sample than grocery associates restocking more than 1/3 of the whole shop. little over 8 $ per hour is NOT enough money.

Advice to Management

hire more people. having one person to work in entire non-freezer section of the groceries while spotting for other co-workers, helping out members, emptying the bale, helping out on carts & carry out..is kinda insane and physically impossible to get the job done at the level of your expectation..