There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Good Job to pay for college

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is better than minimum wage and one doesn't have to "flip burgers." Due to store hours, an employee gets to go home at a reasonable hour to then do homework. Plus there are a decent amount of choices for positions in an average club.

Cons

Sometimes your voice doesn't seem to be heard, or if you know it is, not much is done about it. Certain company policies like the Open Door (free and able to talk to any member of management or higher about anything) and the Sundown Rule (always try to answer/resolve and questions before the end of the day) don't work as they are supposed to.

Advice to Management

Understand how your employees work best instead of always blindly pushing company policy and guidelines. We work hard to provide for the member. Often, when we are busy and short-staffed, some guidelines get bent so as to provide for the volume of people in the store. This is when we are working our hardest and following the company's guidelines to the letter often would mean a lapse in service for every member.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

Not A Good Time AT ALL You will dread going to work everyday...

Current Employee - Team Leader in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment Coworkers reliable pay schedule barely ok benefits (at least you get some) (eventually)

Cons

Members Almost Sales based without commission Managers are Lazy they give orders and dont offer help schedule

Advice to Management

Hire managers who used to work as associates...they know what it takes to get the job done and can set more realistic expectations

2. Sam would be ashamed....

Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus every year They will reward your club for accident free days

Cons

low pay, unrealistic goals for cashiers, you have to wait two years for health insurance, their is a 30 fee to cash in stock, no Sunday premium pay for new employees, strict rules, no drinks on sales floor, no chewing gum, ect

Advice to Management

The managment is very clicky, and it is akward talking to a manger that is not over your department. My advice to mangment would be to smile and say hi to everyone and make them feel apart of your team