Sam's Club

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

I this the right path

Current Employee - Bakery Team Lead in Lafayette, IN
Current Employee - Bakery Team Lead in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The ability to promote through company

Cons

inconsistency of management that needs work, they can not pick and choose when to follow rules and regulations.

1201 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

It's retail, what'd you expect?

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a fairly easy going position. There's almost always something to do to keep you busy. There is some physical work involved but nothing too strenuous. There are always people to talk to and I have some level of autonomy.

Cons

I don't get to make my own schedule and there are some nights that I close and then open the next morning. If you have loved ones who work regular hours say goodbye to them and if you want a weekend off you better ask for it off 4 months in advance. Most of your friends will become other retail employees simply because that's who's available to do things when you're off. Also, It'd be nice if I made more money.

Make more regularly set schedules.

Good Job to pay for college

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is better than minimum wage and one doesn't have to "flip burgers." Due to store hours, an employee gets to go home at a reasonable hour to then do homework. Plus there are a decent amount of choices for positions in an average club.

Cons

Sometimes your voice doesn't seem to be heard, or if you know it is, not much is done about it. Certain company policies like the Open Door (free and able to talk to any member of management or higher about anything) and the Sundown Rule (always try to answer/resolve and questions before the end of the day) don't work as they are supposed to.

Understand how your employees work best instead of always blindly pushing company policy and guidelines. We work hard to provide for the member. Often, when we are busy and short-staffed, some guidelines get bent so as to provide for the volume of people in the store. This is when we are working our hardest and following the company's guidelines to the letter often would mean a lapse in service for every member.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club