There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

It's retail, what'd you expect?

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate
Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fairly easy going position. There's almost always something to do to keep you busy. There is some physical work involved but nothing too strenuous. There are always people to talk to and I have some level of autonomy.

Cons

I don't get to make my own schedule and there are some nights that I close and then open the next morning. If you have loved ones who work regular hours say goodbye to them and if you want a weekend off you better ask for it off 4 months in advance. Most of your friends will become other retail employees simply because that's who's available to do things when you're off. Also, It'd be nice if I made more money.

Advice to Management

Make more regularly set schedules.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Job to pay for college

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is better than minimum wage and one doesn't have to "flip burgers." Due to store hours, an employee gets to go home at a reasonable hour to then do homework. Plus there are a decent amount of choices for positions in an average club.

Cons

Sometimes your voice doesn't seem to be heard, or if you know it is, not much is done about it. Certain company policies like the Open Door (free and able to talk to any member of management or higher about anything) and the Sundown Rule (always try to answer/resolve and questions before the end of the day) don't work as they are supposed to.

Advice to Management

Understand how your employees work best instead of always blindly pushing company policy and guidelines. We work hard to provide for the member. Often, when we are busy and short-staffed, some guidelines get bent so as to provide for the volume of people in the store. This is when we are working our hardest and following the company's guidelines to the letter often would mean a lapse in service for every member.

2. Sam would be ashamed....

Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus every year
    They will reward your club for accident free days

Cons

low pay, unrealistic goals for cashiers, you have to wait two years for health insurance, their is a 30 fee to cash in stock, no Sunday premium pay for new employees, strict rules, no drinks on sales floor, no chewing gum, ect

Advice to Management

The managment is very clicky, and it is akward talking to a manger that is not over your department. My advice to mangment would be to smile and say hi to everyone and make them feel apart of your team