Opportunity Galore

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for leadership development. Great people to work with. Great benefits the longer you have been there.

Cons

Work life balance for managers can be challenging in high volume stores. Life on a retail schedule can have significant impact on families.

Advice to Management

Pay people for what they are worth. More bonus opportunities.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Interesting

Current Employee - Cashier in West Allis, WI
    Current Employee - Cashier in West Allis, WI

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience if you want to work in customer service. Most of the coworkers were nice, some general problems with customers but nothing major. Very competitive, if that is was some are looking for.

Cons

People are only appreciated if they make alot of sells, not if they are otherwise outstanding employees. The most important thing to them is not customer service, but making money, and selling memberships, even if you have to lie to do so. Almost like a used car lot.

Advice to Management

concentrate more on making ALL associates feel needed and useful, not just the ones who sell the plus. don't reward the associates who have to lie to sell, either.

2. Decent Pay, Poor Conditions

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

With minimum wage at 7.25, 9.00 an hour starting is not a bad start. And the benefits are also not bad if you're single.

Cons

When I was hired I was told that my job would include heavy lifting and cash handling. A week after I was put onto the floor I was told that if I didn't sell a certain number of upgraded memberships per week I would be punished with cut hours and even termination.