Sam's Club

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Worst part-time job

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can have your fee for your Sam's Card deducted from your check.

Cons

high turn over rate among, employees, very few hours for part-time employees. If you are looking for a part-time job, you would be better off working at Burger King. The high turnover at this company is unbelieveable. Company does not care about it and neither does management.

Entire company needs a complete over haul.

1294 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

Quick Hire, Lots of Work, Moderate Pay

Former Employee - Check Out Supervisore Team Lead in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Check Out Supervisore Team Lead in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent job security, pays above minimum wage at hire, 5 paid holidays a year, coworkers are usually friendly, gain strong work experience, advancement opportunities available to hard workers.

Cons

Raises are only available once a year maxing out at $.60/hr, management doesn't cooperate with each others decisions causing difficulty in following orders and performing redundant work. Say goodbye to weekends you practically can't ever get them off. Higher positions do not recieve pay increase in correlation to the additional amounts of work. Members can ruin your day, you need to have decent temper control to deal with some of them.

Support your employees more. When they ask for help please don't shrug their concerns off.

worked at Sam's club for 12 years

Current Employee - Rather Not Say
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

some good people to work with

Cons

too many new people and team leads standing around while the long term employees do all the work. Constantly being asked to open my availability or I will not get your hours, I had a set schedule for years, why has this become an issue in the last few years. I didn't go into management because I didn't want to work the odd hours, my family is my highest priority but now they keep trying to force me into working the odd hours. The people not doing anything are getting the good hours special treatment . Hours should be seat not look this day come in and it has changed after driving 20 min to work.

stop holding the team leads hands, if they have not figured it out by now there never going to get it .

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club