There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Should not be a first choice under any circumstance

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Waukesha, WI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff on the floor work hard and do their best for the most part. (These folks in many cases are working 2 jobs to get ahead.) Customers can be interesting and also demanding. Always interesting to see what is being purchased.

Cons

All decisions made out of corporate, good selling products get discontinued for a whim. Low salary, poor raises, any reason to limit your raise is used.

Extremely High turnover, low morale especially with the cut back of staff and decreased hours. Want all floor staff to do floor work, be register trained ( not enough cashiers) & fork lift trained ( but there isn't enough staff to start with?), and all for the same low wage.

If you speak your mind, point out areas that could be improved, you get your hours cut back and no raise

Unfortunately, Senior Management is both tone deaf and in denial. Customers are leaving in droves, fed up with items cancelled, poor staffing and no answers. So discouraging when the staff wants to do the job right, but you can't when there are no hours and few employees.

Store Management tries but their hands are tied and they know but don't want to hear it as there is nothing they can do.

Please address the salary issues, staffing and respect your employees as the turnover is killing us.

Store staff could give feedback but it would never go anywhere so we don't try, it would only get us in trouble

1054 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

My experience at sam's was amazing.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Sam's Club part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at sams is the opportunities within the company, the loyalty of the staff and members and the benefits.

Cons

Some of the down falls working their would be the long days, rude members

none

sams

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Linden, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Linden, NJ

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time for more than a year

Pros

good starting pay for cashier

Cons

annoying members especially at register

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!