There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

One of the worst experiences of my life.

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

I can't think of one. Not a single pro to working to working at Sam's club. Maybe the only good thing is that there's no where to go from here but up.

Cons

The customers. The pay. The co-workers. The facilities. The bathrooms. The parking lots aren't safe.

Advice to Management

Give up now.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sam's Club was there for me when i lost both of my high paying jobs, I am glad that caught me when i fell

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Don't do credit checks so as long as they are hiring you could be in, alot of people different cultures and stuff. Great prices, fun people, interesting lifestyle

Cons

Managers Expect you to do the impossible when your not trained in that area of expertise, Middle school like people working there. Customers get their way a bit tooo often, can complain about your hair falling in a pie and they would give it to you, You do sooo much but yet they tell you you havent.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more and acknowledge them, because honestly when i came there i was glad to be apart of the company to make a change, not anymore. No benefits either besides a sams card.... Come on now?

2. Company losing focus

Current Employee - Management in New Jersey (Trinidad and Tobago)
    Current Employee - Management in New Jersey (Trinidad and Tobago)

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The associates in any company should be their biggest asset. This is the same with SAMs I've met so many people that I would consider life time friends

Cons

The company is not what it used to be. They are trying to turn a warehouse club into Nordstoms and it's not working. It should be a very straight forward simple model when you see men and women walking around the clubs dressed like they are going to the prom you know they don't get the warehouse club concept. They have after a change in management 2-3 years ago decided employee intimidation is the best way to get more out of there associates. Also during this time they have managed to systematically gotten rid of very good loyal "OLDER" associates to bring in lower paid college kids to turn million dollar clubs over to. The company especially in the Northest is on a major downward slide.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics club associates cannot run clubs and do the 4 or 5 hours of paperwork you require daily. Realize your associates are your biggest asset those people you are pushing aside to bring in lower paid employees are the people that built Sam's into a household name they know the concept. We are not even close to our competitors. Stop being followers we also laugh when they Change something which is daily because we know some desperate vice president saw it in a compeitors building. Use your associates for honest feedback and new and exciting ideas. You have taken a great company and made it the stepchild of the industry. Swallow your pride get off your high horse roll up your sleeves and do the right thing bring our company back.