Sam's Club

www.samsclub.com
  www.samsclub.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Good pay considering it's retail, long-term job security, multiple avenues for advancement

Current Employee - Team Leader in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Team Leader in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, room for promotions if you are a go-getter, above-average pay for retail,flexible schedules, good benefits, bonuses, variety of job duties available

Cons

Pay caps based on position, overtime is rarely available, turnover rate is relatively high because the job pool for retail is shallow, raises are .60 per year maximum without a promotion. They try too hard to create a "diverse" workforce...even if it means hiring under-qualified individuals just to fill a gender or race quota.

Reward long-term associates with better pay. Stop filling management positions with under-qualified individuals just to meet diversity quotas. Re-work the pay caps that have been in place since 2007

1199 Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club (View Most Recent)

It's OK.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time

Pros

Starting salary is decent. Max salary is deflating. It should move with experience and performance. They cap out in the 60's. Max bonus equals 15% of base. Hours are typical - 10hr shift. 24 hr operation. Work is somewhat boring. Not really affiliated with Wal-mart.

Cons

Salary/bonus cap. Retail hours. Product quality. We sell a lot of junk. Not as many locations as Wal-mart or Costco. Thus, less opportunities to become a club manager.

Expand bonus/salary structure to give capped out Managers something to strive for.

I learned about handling different types of payments and customer service.

Former Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I build up my communications skill and learned how to be a good cashier. Indeed, learned about time management.

Cons

I didn't feel any downside.

If every Sam's Club have a few self- checkout, it would be easier for customers who buy a little quantity of products.

There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club