I love my job

Pros

Great place to work Lots of opportunity Small company feel Empowered to make decisions Allowed to take calculated risks Strong culture rooted in Sam Walton's principles Able to react quickly when necessary

Cons

Divisions tend to work in silos External hires often don't understand or like the culture

Advice to Management

Avoid bureaucracy

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

1. Good pay, some rude people though.

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Normal, IL

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well, steady hours. Most of your co-workers are nice to you and supervisors usually are too. You have quite a bit of freedom to move about the store as you need to.

Cons

Be prepared for some snotty customers. People will get on your nerves and will be downright rude to you sometime. If you are sensitive to this, this isn't the job for you.

2. Good for salesmen.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly staff. - Room to move up (sort of). - Pay is great. - Customers really make the experience (partially) enjoyable.

Cons

- Managers have incredibly high expectations. - At times, little thought is put into making schedules. - CONSTANTLY PUSHING MEMBERSHIPS (you can't breathe without hearing someone gripe about memberships).

Advice to Management

None really. I understand why they are the way they are and I don't blame them. This job just isn't for me, though I do think they should let all [potential] staff know that this is definitely more of a Sales Job than it is a cashier job.