There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Produce Associate in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Produce Associate in Akron, OH

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, yearly bonus, occasional free lunches and/or snacks, awards for associate of the month and year that include an extra bonus.

Cons

Work most weekends, eligible for raises once a year however $.60 is the max with the norm being $.50 for a good worker, hard to advance, begins to seem monotonous

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. If you have any experience do not apply

Former Employee - Optician
    Former Employee - Optician

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Slightly flexable hours, if the boss likes you. Close and open at decent hours. Pay is over rated, not going to make this much anywhere else.

Cons

If you have any knowledge of the job be prepared to throw it out the window. The manager is uneducated for the position and very one sided. If you have any ethics, be prepared to toss them as well, if you can lie through your teeth you should be fine. The department in whole lacks educated associates, and they have no desire to further their education to benefit the customers.

Advice to Management

Place educated people in management positions, not the cheapest!

2. I don't feel a job security.

Current Employee - Photo Technician in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Photo Technician in South Houston, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with my team lead, and my coworkers. I enjoy the benefits that I have chosen to take advantage of. Stock options, health and life insurance...etc....

Cons

I'm full time and I'm only getting 32 hours. I was getting those hours when I was part time. I had to fight to get full time. This doesn't sit well for me considering I have been there for a few years now, and I have never called out, I have never been late, I have come in when some one has called out. I have had slack days. You know those days when you have a hard time getting motivated, but my work ethic overrides those days....hands down.

Advice to Management

My advise to management would be for some managers to take a crash course in leadership. Most of them lack this quality. Another bit advice try picking up work moral. Employees want to be heard and for management to empathize with them. We have some managers who lack empathy. I wonder how a couple of them ended up with that responsibility.