Samsung Austin Semiconductor

www.samsung.com

If this job only required 8-9 hrs a day, it would be great. Holidays for Thanksgiving and Christmas would be nice.

Engineer I (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBenefit is good, Salary is competitive , Clean Environment, good people (most of them).

ConsLong hours (I mean long hours), Terrible work/life balance. Might have to work weekends.
Employee has no sayings in this company. Burn out quickly, already thinking about switching job to oil&gas. Seriously, FMC, Schlumberger, Shell, Chevron. They all work 8 hr days.... And look at their reviews..... Big difference.
Samsung starts at 6:45am and ends at 7 or 8pm..No wonder people leave this place in a few years. Who can handle it? No Christmas, No Thanksgiving, every ramp up is around the holidays... What the crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees some time off per day... Move the passdown to 7:30 - 8am. Even less pay but more balanced work/life schedule will keep your employees here.... Or Samsung you will spend all that money wasted to train new people every few months.

Getting better, but trust cannot be restored overnight

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros: Dr Han is obviously trying to make it a better place to work -- all managers feel the pressure. Asking the employees (GWP survey) once… Cons: Trust has been broken! And it cannot be fixed overnight. The previous president's legacy affects how people see every company policy and makes people suspicious.… Advice to Senior Management: Senior dispatchers (up to VP!) are a big problem for us, Dr Han! They are not yielding power in LSI. I've never seen Koreans so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you like the Survivor TV show and want that type of work life you will love it here

X- Manager - THANK GOD (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros: For Austin the pay is good. Cons: CONS: Literally everything else here is BAD. The way this company runs is like the Survivor TV show. Only one person can win or at… Advice to Senior Management: none you do not really care about us No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!