There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

If this job only required 8-9 hrs a day, it would be great. Holidays for Thanksgiving and Christmas would be nice.

Current Employee - Engineer I  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Engineer I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Benefit is good, Salary is competitive , Clean Environment, good people (most of them).

Cons

Long hours (I mean long hours), Terrible work/life balance. Might have to work weekends.
Employee has no sayings in this company. Burn out quickly, already thinking about switching job to oil&gas. Seriously, FMC, Schlumberger, Shell, Chevron. They all work 8 hr days.... And look at their reviews..... Big difference.
Samsung starts at 6:45am and ends at 7 or 8pm..No wonder people leave this place in a few years. Who can handle it? No Christmas, No Thanksgiving, every ramp up is around the holidays... What the crap.

Give your employees some time off per day... Move the passdown to 7:30 - 8am. Even less pay but more balanced work/life schedule will keep your employees here.... Or Samsung you will spend all that money wasted to train new people every few months.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Getting better, but trust cannot be restored overnight

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Dr Han is obviously trying to make it a better place to work -- all managers feel the pressure. Asking the employees (GWP survey) once per quarter is an improvement -- especially since it will make clearer whose people hate them.
    Pay and benefits are hard to beat...but GlobalFoundries is trying.

Cons

Trust has been broken! And it cannot be fixed overnight. The previous president's legacy affects how people see every company policy and makes people suspicious. No one trusts HR, his preferred hatchet men.
    Many major problem directors -- people trust their TR and PL but rarely their director (because they know that they cannot be trusted to tell the truth, only the party line, even in private). We are getting back to a situation where only the most bland director can survive.

Senior dispatchers (up to VP!) are a big problem for us, Dr Han! They are not yielding power in LSI. I've never seen Koreans so opposed to the president's initiative but they are undercutting US-based "autonomy". Incompetent US-based directors made the situation worse by sending less-than-our-best people to LSI at first. Thanks for fixing that. They are driving Korean-Americans away too. Change out the dispatchers faster and bring fewer senior managers to curb their power.
    If you want engineers to believe that HQ cares about us, IT systems improvement is needed.

If you like the Survivor TV show and want that type of work life you will love it here

Current Employee - X- Manager - THANK GOD  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - X- Manager - THANK GOD in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

For Austin the pay is good.

Cons

CONS: Literally everything else here is BAD.

The way this company runs is like the Survivor TV show. Only one person can win or at least that is how the Directors and Senior Managers like it here and that is the way the place runs.

Incompetent management, deceit, lies and a general feeling of no one trust anyone here. If you work in semiconductors for more than a year you will know the TERRIBLE reputation this company has for the way it treats its people. Stay Away.

none you do not really care about us

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!