There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Stability, plenty of work for the forseeable future
Fast Paced and changing
Room to grow if willing to work for it

Cons

Lots of politics to get wrapped up in
Can be stressful at times
A mix of employees with bad attitudes
Poor communication

Communicate to your employees and get rid of the dead weight. Don't judge a group by one or two of it's workers. Stand up for your team and have their backs.

237 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Management doesn't acknowledge cultural difficulties between Korea and the USA

Former Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

There is definitely the opportunity to do a lot of highly technical work, however, that work will be micromanaged and twisted around until it is effectively worthless.

Cons

Management refuses to acknowledge differences between how business can be conducted in the USA versus Korea. This leads to a lot of difficulties and failed business goals.

Please, realize that holding American workers to impossible goals and making comparisons to Korean metrics that make no sense only disenchants workers.

Fantastic learning experience but a cultural disaster.

Current Employee - Engineer I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

SAS provides a good learning environment. It is one of the most technologically advanced companies in the world and offers opportunities like no other.

Cons

Being an American branch of a Korean company offers several issues. The cultures clash severely. Americans have an attitude of work smart not hard, work efficiently and get it done faster, and if something is a miss or does not make sense, question it and try to find a better solution. Koreans work oppositely. They work long hours but are known to take naps and long breaks and they never question a command given from a senior. At SAS they try to blend these two cultures but as polar opposites they do not blend well. The workplace is filled with Great Work Place initiatives to try and make work better but as Americans working a 14 hour day all we tend to care about is getting home in the evening to spend time with our families, not the lunch hour once a quarter where we get to play video games in 105 degree heat but we miss out on anyway because we are too busy to take a lunch.

Leadership, Leadership, Leadership. The Korean culture of SAS breeds an environment where the cutthroat go-getters who will throw anyone under the bus to get ahead thrive. This leaves the company severely lacking in leadership. The leaders of SAS do not inspire, they do not motivate, they simply lead with fear.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor