Engineering Technican

Former Employee - Engineering Technician  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, great benefits. Compressed work week is nice if you are on day shift.

Cons

Promotions are few and far between. Work is tedious and repetitive, not much challenge.

Promote!

Other Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Great People and Excellent Management

Current Employee - Spinner Tech II  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Spinner Tech II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Very satisfied with the product that we produce. Great bunch of people to work with. The company is always changing making it a stimulating environment to work in

Cons

It's a manufacturing environment. Have to wear a smock. I know what tools I will be PMing every week.

Need to have a better structure for setting up new members accounts. New members have to ask for access and don't even know who to ask. They should automatically set these things up in orientation.

Great benefits and pay, horrible work life balance

Current Employee - Engineer I  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Great pay and the benefits are amazing! All my co-workers are young so it makes it easier to make friends especially if you start out in the CORP program. If you're new to the city, that's a huge plus! Most of upper management is amazing and understanding, depending on the group you work for. And the quarterly bonuses are pretty decent.

Cons

Horrible work life balance! You WILL work on average, about 50-60 hrs a week... some weeks lower, some weeks way higher. HR seems to be trying to turn that around, but unfortunately it seems to be built into the Samsung (Korean) culture. Most projects appear to be disorganized, and is partly the reason most engineers work so much. Plus the systems suck, making twice as hard and long to get something done!
    These cons are the reason that Samsung has a high turn over rate for engineers, which just puts more pressure on the rest of the engineers due to the increased workload.

Organize, organize, organize! You guys are doing a great job managing such a young workforce, however all these sudden changes are taxing on most engineers. I know this is an ever-changing industry, so if all these sudden changes are necessary, let's get some engineering support (on the technician side).

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!