Samsung Austin Semiconductor

www.samsung.com

The Worst

Peon (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBenefits are good and affordable. They will low ball you on the pay but the quarterly bonuses were good while I was there . The cafeterias are pretty good. The fab is pretty impressive and you get to work on all new 300mm equipment.

ConsI've worked for six different semiconductor companies during my careeer and Samsung Austin Semiconductor was by far the worst and that's putting it mildly. It's a hostile work enviroment. One reviewer compared it to being on "survivor" and I agree. If you work in the fab you will be constantly over worked and under maned and overtime was manditory more times than not. And heaven forbid you should ever make a mistake. Not much if any off site vendor training is offered. Turn over is real bad at SAS.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Koreans need to back off. They are making things overly complicated and difficult. Copy exact idea is a bad. 5s is nothing but a trash can program. We threw away 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars worth of parts etc. just to keep the fab looking good for the managers. You can't keep a fab 5s'd while brining equipment in/out of the fab all the time. Train your managers to help/motivate/encourage/build up their workers and not tear them down and de-moralize them.

Process Technician

Process Technician (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: They expect performance from the employees, but they try and take care of them. They offer competitive pay and great benefits. Even during the layoffs… Cons: Some people say that the expectations are too high. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great benefits and pay, horrible work life balance

Engineer I (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros: Great pay and the benefits are amazing! All my co-workers are young so it makes it easier to make friends especially if you start out… Cons: Horrible work life balance! You WILL work on average, about 50-60 hrs a week... some weeks lower, some weeks way higher. HR seems to be… Advice to Senior Management: Organize, organize, organize! You guys are doing a great job managing such a young workforce, however all these sudden changes are taxing on most… More
There are newer reviews on Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!