Samsung Austin Semiconductor

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

The Worst

Former Employee - Peon in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Peon in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are good and affordable. They will low ball you on the pay but the quarterly bonuses were good while I was there . The cafeterias are pretty good. The fab is pretty impressive and you get to work on all new 300mm equipment.

Cons

I've worked for six different semiconductor companies during my careeer and Samsung Austin Semiconductor was by far the worst and that's putting it mildly. It's a hostile work enviroment. One reviewer compared it to being on "survivor" and I agree. If you work in the fab you will be constantly over worked and under maned and overtime was manditory more times than not. And heaven forbid you should ever make a mistake. Not much if any off site vendor training is offered. Turn over is real bad at SAS.

The Koreans need to back off. They are making things overly complicated and difficult. Copy exact idea is a bad. 5s is nothing but a trash can program. We threw away 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars worth of parts etc. just to keep the fab looking good for the managers. You can't keep a fab 5s'd while brining equipment in/out of the fab all the time. Train your managers to help/motivate/encourage/build up their workers and not tear them down and de-moralize them.

242 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Process Technician

Former Employee - Process Technician in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They expect performance from the employees, but they try and take care of them. They offer competitive pay and great benefits. Even during the layoffs in 2009, they tried to make it easier for them with the severance package. Other companies use layoffs as a first resort, Samsung only ever had one.

Cons

Some people say that the expectations are too high. I think it is dependent on what your expectations are.

Great People and Excellent Management

Current Employee - Spinner Tech II in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Spinner Tech II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Very satisfied with the product that we produce. Great bunch of people to work with. The company is always changing making it a stimulating environment to work in

Cons

It's a manufacturing environment. Have to wear a smock. I know what tools I will be PMing every week.

Need to have a better structure for setting up new members accounts. New members have to ask for access and don't even know who to ask. They should automatically set these things up in orientation.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor