Samsung Austin Semiconductor
www.samsung.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you really need a job........get your promotion & compensation up front. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Equipment Engineering Technician (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat personal time off accural. Inexpensive benefits. Subsidized meal plan. Free T-shirts & other swag.

ConsHey Samsung, you have to invest in real training. Get a real training department. Get knowledgable semiconductor consultants to tell you that what training you are giving is weak. People hate filling out your surveys. You are giving just barely enough information to your employees to get product out the door; just barely. Your software & manufacturing systems are renown for being attrocious; copy or steal some from one of your competitors like you do with phones. Your performance review forms are designed for scientists; not techs or engineers. Acknowledge people's day to day efforts instead of insisting on powerpoint presentations. Night shift superintendants are there to snitch & spy; don't portray them to be looking out for your people's interests. Honesty is a virtue. Metal detectors entering & leaving & a security detail reminiscent of the Third Reich. Speed gates monitoring your every move. Cameras are watching you; everywhere. Very vague rules and policies which are somehow enforced. Lack of collaboration between equipment , process, & manufacturing groups. Lean is spoken of but rarely seen in reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare for the turnover; oh, nevermind, you don't really care anyway. Poor investment in your human talent with training & respect will simply result in continuous scrap events, poor morale, & lack of improvement. Consider hiring more experienced engineers; there are some out there. But they may already know to stay away. Hey HR department; consider your employees as an investment instead of a liability. Get your old fab in order before thinking of building another one.

Engineering Technican

Engineering Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay, great benefits. Compressed work week is nice… Cons: Promotions are few and far between. Work is tedious… Advice to Senior Management: Promote! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The Worst

Peon (Former Employee)

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits are good and affordable. They will low ball you on the pay but the quarterly bonuses were good while I was… Cons: I've worked for six different semiconductor companies during my careeer and Samsung Austin Semiconductor was by far the worst and that's putting it mildly. It's… Advice to Senior Management: The Koreans need to back off. They are making things overly complicated and difficult. Copy exact idea is a bad. 5s is nothing but a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Austin Semiconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Samsung Austin Semiconductor CEO Dr. Woosung Han. All reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Austin Semiconductor employees.