Equipment Technician

Current Employee - Equipment Technician  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair pay and good hours. Plenty of overtime available as projects are constantly being created to improve equipment and working conditions.

Cons

Do as I Say mentality when it comes to new procedures. Bickering and arguments between shift that managers seem to not recognize.

Listen to employees when they try to provide feedback

Other Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Your job satisfaction will vary depending on which department you work in

Current Employee - Senior Eng  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Eng in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cutting edge technology, great benefits, quarterly bonuses, good pay, constantly changing (which can be good and bad!), senior management is working to change the previously abusive culture

Cons

constantly changing, Korea always seems to use the Christmas season to roll out new fabs/technology, work/life balance for most engineering positions is nonexsistant, TR position is impossible

Keep pushing for the culture changes! Most of us come to work to support our families but when we are expected to be 24x7 call those same families puch for us to find another place to work.

Workplace Harassment

Former Employee - Professional  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay. Fast pace. Very interesting technology. Educated, talented, smart workforce.

Cons

The Korean manager in our department told the group at least 1x/week how much he did not like Americans. We were encouraged to attend department team building dinners off-site where alcohol was served, some employees felt pressured to drink. The work environment is extremely competitive and political, with an established hierarch and pecking order that you better not question or your career will be in jeopardy. Trust and morale is low. The goals are very aggressive and the pace is fast, so people work a lot of hours and burn out is perpetuated.
    1 year at Samsung = 7 dog years in regards to your personal aging and well being. The company prefers young, beautiful, physically fit employees, so the staff is fairly junior. Working at Samsung requires strong emotional intelligence, a thick skin, and a lot of cross cultural competence. In some departments, new ideas and problem solving skills are not valued. A colleague once told me that he felt like he should just check his brain at the door before entering the building.

Support your staff in having work - life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!