Samsung Austin Semiconductor
www.samsung.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Engineer III TR

Engineer III (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsCompetitive pay. If you work hard and put in long hours management will promote you quickly. Else if you just stay in the same department long enough people will quit and you'll be moved up the ladder. Good benefits. Opportunity to travel to Korea and to Japan as a part of your job.

ConsKorean managers and engineers constantly remind everyone about the “superior” Korean work ethic whey they actually just spend most of the day doing power points and reading Korean web pages. Anonymous company surveys are rarely anonymous and your responses are tracked and reflected in your yearly evaluation. Self-evaluations are a joke as your ranking and promotions are decided before they are read.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to fix your company’s morale, start with the HR department. Hire new managers who will protect employees from management retaliation and will encourage open dialog on how to improve the productivity and the yield of the company. Great ideas can come from the top and the bottom of the company.

Good company

Engineering Technician II (Former Employee)

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for less than a year

Pros: This is a good company to work for. Quarterly bonuses are nice. Reward for having to work holidays if you're on one of… Cons: If you're a salaried employee (not hourly) you will be… Advice to Senior Management: Don't take employees for granted and perhaps to a better job as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Equipment Technician

Equipment Technician (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fair pay and good hours. Plenty of overtime available as… Cons: Do as I Say mentality when it comes to new procedures.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees when they try to provide feedback Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Austin Semiconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Samsung Austin Semiconductor CEO Youngwook ("YW") Park. All reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Austin Semiconductor employees.