Samsung Austin Semiconductor

www.samsung.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Not bad place for newly graduated students, but not recommended for experienced candidates

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CORP Program for Entry-Level, Competive salary for technicians or hourly employee, company benefits and employee appreciation events. Expect to work 60~80 hours per week.

Cons

Dirty office politics, Closed-mind management level, Very protective senior level engineers or managers. Company benefits and perk changes every year depending on company outlook and economy

253 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Just shy of 1 year and having a blast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

• Lots of energy in this place.
    • This is a FAST working environment. The day goes by quickly. I am never bored.
    • There's an on-site gym, basketball half court, hike and bike trails
    • The out of pocket costs with our health insurance plans saves me $10K per year over past employer plans.
    • The company is investing in this site. It shows that the business in Austin has a long-term future. That stability is refreshing!
    • Accountability and responsibility can be given to anyone who shows a willingness to learn and grow

Cons

• Basic systems like Email, Calendar, Approvals, requests, etc., are very cranky and slow. Email especially is very frustrating. A big time-waster.
    • Internal communications were not very "polished" when I first arrived, but have improved significantly.

• The new leadership at SAS is working with HR to continuously improve the culture and environment.
    • Communication is really improving with the SAS intranet Communications site and improved Herald.
    • Our leaders seem to have a good exchange of ideas – not always agreeing, but always getting consensus.
    • Company is headed in the right direction with advanced technology development. Let’s drive this market! Keep encouraging innovation!

Good benefits, live in Austin but not a great place for an engineer to develop

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Benefits, company location, Bonuses, lots of young people

Cons

Engineering, work balance, culture, management, on call

Focus more in engineering