There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Not only a job, but a workplace for an exciting career and more

Current Employee - Process Engineer II in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Process Engineer II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time

Pros

A workplace that provides numerous opportunities for personal growth and career development; we are a leader in the world’s high-technology market and utilize cutting edge technologies that process some of most advanced micro devices and computer chips in the world.

I have a master’s degree in engineering and have been in the semiconductor industry for more than four years and worked at other competitors of Samsung and have many friends that work is this industry, I found Samsung Austin Semiconductor to be my best choice for career for many reasons, such as: career development and opportunities for growth, teamwork and relationships with other colleagues, management support for creativity, risk-taking and experimenting new ideas for improvements in the process and savings in cost, great benefits and health insurance, full-size on-site gym with new equipment and more.

Cons

Some of the systems are not fast and efficient enough but the company is working on improving that

Advice to Management

Keep doing what is best for the company and the employees and we will continue to be the world’s best!

reviews filtered by
  1. Exciting and career building

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New environment, some of the best engineers in the industry

Cons

Tight schedules, awful computing infrastructure.

2. SAS

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Austin, TX

Pros

Well structured (business plans), aggressive planning, and an industry leader. Great benefits and decent work life balance.

Cons

No much for innovation or open to suggestion. Engineer to technician treatment is very bias and visibly uneven. Inconsistent pay and position consideration when hiring. Techs that do engineering work is not recognized equally.

Advice to Management

Please open up the mindset and redefine roles and responsibilites. Think about other degree techs that are not engineers should be considered for administrative salary base and and could eventually be great managers due to their more humbled beginnings and understanding of equipment and management of the employees. Screen who you put in management because not everyone should be a manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor