Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Samsung Equipment Eng

Current Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

Samsung Austin Semiconductor has a great group of hard working people who make going to work everyday worth while. Good to see a company that can outsource jobs to the USA.

Cons

If you are afraid of hard work or having to put in lots OT at times you may want to find another company to work for.

Internal software leaves much to be desired, there is a alot of wasted time due to some of the half-bake systems that are pushed out.

242 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, but going back to school

Former Employee - Engineer I in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer I in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

High tech and continuous challenge from new products all the time, good teamwork in my department, a lot of responsibility even for new engineers

Cons

Long working hours - but this seems to be improving, some goals are so high that I think it might not be possible to ever get there, top management in engineering was not approachable - but this has recently changed as well

When I joined, I was still considering an advanced degree. I was hoping that working a few years would change my mind. The last few years were tough - mostly due to the bad economy, but the company cut a lot of benefits to try to keep making a profit; I wish there had been another way. I started to consider going back to school seriously in 2009 along with many who joined with me. Many of the senior engineers got depressed from constant negative feedback (beat downs). New management for engineering is much better, but I had already decided to go back to school so that change came too late for me. I think it is better new for new engineers and current employees. I wish everyone the best; I learned a lot.

Big Investment in Austin. Opportunities for future look good. Must be willing to spend long hours at work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros

I got a lot of good experience. I have some friends who left from here recently and they are doing really well in their new job. Samsung prepares you to do well in any situation. Working hours are long to get the job done and get to the level of output that we need to make a profit. It seems like the new President has met with almost every employee; I even got to have lunch with him the cafeteria one day. Benefits are really good. The company is investing in this site. A big expansion just started.

Cons

I worked a lot of hours. Staffing level in my department was not enough and we had to work a lot. Last year was not good with many sacrifices by employees.

New leadership is a good change for us. Please add more people quickly. A lot of my coworkers are worried about being able to get everything done that they need in the next year.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor