Had a great experience as an intern at Samsung Mobile

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern
Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern

I worked at Samsung Electronics America as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Expectations were hard to meet - Very supportive team - Had great equipment to develop on - Flexible hours - Passionate team members

Cons

- Didn't get get feedback on my work from my manager very often (autonomy could be a pro) - Potential cultural barriers - Aggressive deadlines (sometimes there isn't work/life balance)

Advice to Management

- Take engineers feedback about the balance between quality and deadlines more seriously

Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Electronics America

too much beauracracy

Current Employee - Marketing BOC in Ridgefield Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing BOC in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, good people. well known brand.

Cons

too many managerial hurdles and hoops to jump over/through. need approvals for everything (its not necessary for 5 other people to approve a single project).

Advice to Management

trust your employees, they want to help the company

Fast Paced, Dynamic, Burnout!

Pros

The people I work with are talented & perform at very high levels. The culture is dynamic & expectations are high. You are constantly challenged & always learning something new. The pay is good & the benefits are the greatest I've seen. Great products. My professional growth has grown tremendously due to the level of execution that is expected.

Cons

Constant, fast-paced, stressful environment. Often times, you are expected to work with urgency, but only for the sake of being urgent. Very long work hours, which causes burnout. Because many activities & objectives are always so new, positions are created out of necessity, but have no clear career growth/mapping. Although work-life balance is stressed verbally, it's certainly not the case when working.

Advice to Management

No need to always be urgent. At times, slow down & work through objectives in a moderate pace to ensure it's done correctly. Be cognizant of your staff's work-life balance & career goals.