There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Electronics America

Do not work here

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't find one pro when it comes to Samsung

Cons

This was the worst place i have worked in over 20 years. I was senior level management. i witnessed physical altercations, yelling in the office and horrible treatment to US based employees. The "Korean" management team has no respect for what underlings have to say. No input is acceptable. I was harassed daily and even though i documented it and brought it to HR several times nothing was done. I was told that I could not hire gay, Chinese, Middle Eastern, people past the age of 50. When reported this to HR, again, nothing was done. I also witnessed taping meetings without the customers consent- we are talking larger US based companies.

Wipe out Korean Management and put in American based executives. The Korean managers only care what position they will get when they go back to Korea and have Zero knowledge of US business.

184 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Electronics America (View Most Recent)

be ware

Current Employee - Service Manager  in  Paterson, NJ
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good salary and benefits, not much else

Cons

mad management . meetings and emails in language you won't understand

go back to school and learn about humanity

not for the weak

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America

Pros

You had a variety of experiences since they run a very lean organization considering the amount of product, revenue and presence they have. A typical day usually had you doing five different jobs so you interacted with a lot of departments. Good learning experience if you're willing to make the job you're priority. There will always be work for you to do.

Cons

Hard to maintain outside relationships as the company day tends to run into long hours, in order to take advantage of the time difference with HQ. Employees are expected to keep longer hours as this is more than often the norm. Very few departments keep to the 8 hour day. Advancement can be slow especially since you're called on to fulfill responsibilities above your title/level.

Train management as not everyone wearing that title has the people skills to delegate and collaborate with others. Allow employees the freedom to move more within the organization in order to avoid burnout.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Electronics America

Worked for Samsung Electronics America? Contribute to the Community!