Samsung Group

www.samsung.com

A good company with some challenges

MBA Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsInformal culture, collaborative work, values MBAs, good products, highly recognized brand, very good and sustained performance in the US and Europe which lead to a promising future, global company with opportunities to move geographically.

ConsMarketing in the US is made less interesting because the strategy comes from the headquarters in South Korea, so the work in the US headquarters is very operational. The only way you can make a real contribution is through tactical marketing and sales.
Overall, the company's management is not very inspiring. It is a techie environment where engineers rule, so it is harder for someone in a marketing function to shine.
A lot of Korean leaders at the top, which discourages anyone non-Korean from getting promoted to the top further down the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more power to your local operations, let them figure out their own strategy and what products work best with local consumers.

Good to get your career started..

Project Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Samsung Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to play with the latest gadgets. The benefits and pay are… Cons: The management team only cares about playing the politic game to focus and drive their team. There is also a lot of tension between the… More

An amazing company to work for.

Product Manager (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

I worked at Samsung Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Numerous opportunities to learn, great employee benefits, high level of… Cons: Some time the work pressure is high but it is… Advice to Senior Management: Can higher some more staff to reduce the work pressure. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Samsung Group.

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!