Samsung Group

Koreans Rule Samsung

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

The people are the best reason by Far to work for Samsung.

Cons

Probably 85% of employees are outsourced - only upper management are permanent employees. Samsung also has VERY high turnover - people drop like flies there. Samsung is a Korean company - but the Koreans micromanage EVERY aspect of business-to the point it's counter-productive. Everything has to have approval from Koreans prior to coming to fruition - and Koreans will ask a million questions about why you are requesting whatever it is you want. Way too many hands in the pot. Also-Koreans don't like anyone who is not Korean or at the very least Asian. All upper-management is Korean.

See above. Stop being so racist towards non-Koreans and pretending like you don't understand English when someone pushes back on you for questioning them. It's very frustrating.

863 Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Group (View Most Recent)

Don't do it

Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

pay is the only reason - I will leave as soon as I'm able

Cons

American workers are merely puppets. The Koreans run the whole show and the dual management structure (One Korean and one American manager) is enough to drive one crazy. The direction is mainly from the immediate American manager but if a Korean manager says something you are expected to say "how high" when they say "jump." There is no communication between groups and no accountability. Promotions are for the most part given to "corp" engineers who are trained straight out of college in the "Samsung Way." One group now managed by a "corp" engineer has an incredibly high turnover rate and yet he is still manager. Diversity is getting better but promotions, hiring, etc. are still dominated by those of Korean origin.

As one of the previous reviews said: get rid of the Americans and fill in with Koreans

Great place for experience, but don't expect and real vertical momentum

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

This is a great place to grow experience with plenty of duties to fill. Everyone needs to be well-rounded, filling multiple roles, which tend to multiply over time. My job today is nothing like the job description when I was hired, which has led to an expanding portfolio to showcase of my design, video and multimedia works. My role keeps growing which is nice, since it tends to give better job security.
    Working in marketing is also nice with the many interesting and fun programs and sponsorships we do. It's definitely something good to put on the resume having worked for Samsung.

Cons

The opportunities for growth as far as promotion and actual recognition of increased duties has been next to nil. I have increased my duties ten fold since I started, yet make the same pay and have the same title when I started. Every time I add a new skill or service, it becomes part of my job requirements. Three years have passed and I am still considered 'contract', lacking any benefits. The frustration mounts when new hires are brought on as 'full time' from the start. Being expected to help them with deliverables to fulfill their annual bonus only adds to the sense of unfairness. Although I am appreciative for working here, too many things make me wonder if there are better opportunities.

Try to recognize that we can't run as a skeleton crew. Having more than one person with similar skills helps spread the work load and adds to creative collaboration. As it is, we tend to work in a creative vacuum, leading to inefficiency.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Group